Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

AMNIO

(4 Posts)
NK1d04631cX1232f5391fa Tue 18-Aug-09 22:35:47

My wife has just had an amnio. It was very distressing for us both, and painful for her. The pain lasts for over 48 hours. We are grateful that she did not miscarry. (A 1% chance with this procedure.) However we had been given a 1:15 chance that our baby would be a downs baby.(7%). We were devastated. I am writing to mumsnet to thank you for the other posts which put this all in perspective. We both decided that we had to know, as my wife has direct experience with the care of downs children. She did not want to go ahead with carrying a downs baby and I fully supported her. Thankfully, the results came through today as negative. DON'T GIVE UP HOPE!!!! We are now expecting a baby girl. we are so happy. The screening is just that. It is not definitive!!!!!!!!

coolpersephone Tue 18-Aug-09 22:37:26

very pleased for you bothsmile

PacificDogwood Tue 18-Aug-09 22:38:44

Congratulations! How lovely for you to have the result we all hope for! Good luck with the remainder of the pregnancy.

I have had CVS x2 and Amnio x1 and have to say IME amnio was less uncomfortable by far. Hope your wife feels back to normal v soon.

smile

NK1d04631cX1232f5391fa Tue 18-Aug-09 22:43:29

Thank you for your thoughts. I wish you all the best.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now