Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Baby is not as wriggly as they were last week...

(5 Posts)
1mum1 Tue 18-Aug-09 17:52:03

I'm 24+6 wks and have been on antibiotics for a week (water infection) and during this time she seems to have been wriggling less and now I really wish she was as wriggly as she used to be to put my mind at rest. Am I worrying unduly? She's still moving but seems subdued somehow?

1mum1 Tue 18-Aug-09 18:32:16

I'm just wondering if a/b can affect the baby?

generalunrest Tue 18-Aug-09 19:22:57

It's poss that she's moved position, so the wriggling would feel different?

1mum1 Thu 20-Aug-09 18:34:16

I rang the hospital in the end as there was such a marked difference in her movements and the midwife said to come in for for reassurance if I was still worried and apart from asking certain q's, there wasn't much she could do over the pnone. So went in (they were lovely and when I apologised for wasting their time she said I had every right to be there)and everything is fine with baby. She listened to her heartbeat and ever since of course, she has been wriggling like crazy as usual! So now much happier! Phew!

generalunrest Thu 20-Aug-09 20:20:20

grin That's such brilliant news! It's horrible just having to 'presume' all day everyday that the LO is alright, and all you can do is worry they're not.

At 20 wks mine is just starting to move about more, it such a relief to feel they're OK, but like you I'd be so worried if I noticed a real change in what they were up to. Always best to get it checked out though smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now