Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Feeling nauseous ALL DAY

(12 Posts)
sheeplikessleep Tue 18-Aug-09 14:02:15

I know very common, but the only thing to stop it is food. And I'm eating bad food.

Please help me with ideas of slightly healthier snacks than fishfinger butties, crisps and cheese on pasta! I'm craving carbs massively.

I'm eating every couple of hours. Can't stomach fruit.

Any ideas or suggestions very welcome - thanks.

sockmonkey Tue 18-Aug-09 14:33:17

TBH I'd say eat what you fancy. You must be craving it for a reason! You can start being healthy once the sickness wears off.

barbie1 Tue 18-Aug-09 14:36:06

sheep are you me??? grin

I was the same still am!

Im 14 weeks now and most of the time im eating ok, still feeling contantly sick though and alway carry sweets in my bag to suck on to fend off the feeling! Spoke to my gp and she said its fine as long as i take my vitamins and as soon as i can face proper food i should do so. How far on are you?

Angelfifi Tue 18-Aug-09 14:40:38

God this sounds like me as well!!! I feel sick constantly and really fancied a blt roll luchtime so made one and couldnt wait to get tucked in but took 1 mouthfull and almost had to run to the loo....
Nothing seems to tame my sickness and i'm getting fed up with it now!!

TotallyAndUtterlyPaninied Tue 18-Aug-09 14:51:58

This is me too. Except I can't do cheese either. Crisps and supernoodles, bread, fish finger butties, butter.

I need help!!

I can stomach cottage cheese and pineapple on rice cakes, and prawn salad (with no onion or fruit or celery or sweetcorn, carrot or cucumber).

All I can think about right now is fried egg and chips with bread and butter.

TotallyAndUtterlyPaninied Tue 18-Aug-09 14:53:35

Have you tried natural yogurt? or those cereal and natural yogurt yogurts? Or pitta with maybe chicken salad or something?

How about savoury rice? i think that's pretty fat free.

sheeplikessleep Tue 18-Aug-09 15:32:59

Thanks for posting. Sorry, I went for a quick post-lunch nap blush ... another pregnancy indulgence I'm hoping won't last forever.

I'm 9 weeks. Finding this week the hardest for sickness/tiredness combination so far. Yoghurt sounds a good suggestion, thank you (although fried eggs and chips sounds lovely!).

Miia Tue 18-Aug-09 16:08:40

Oh dear, I had the joy of being sick until 16 weeks and it is only recently that it has finally eased off. I was sick at work, at night, in the mornings, on the train... and no, it is not fun.

I found myself also craving heavy things like chicken chow mein just because I was simply feeling weak and hungry but couldn't actually stomach them... but the things that worked for me were:

1. Throwing up - sounds silly but I used to drink water in the morning, be sick and then be able to eat something. If I tried not to be sick, I found myself being nauseous all day. Being sick is not pleasant but it does beat feeling utterly crap all day.

2. Fruit/yoghurt/ice-cream/gherkins/pretzels/strawberries/rice crispies/salad etc. In general it is easier to eat cold, light things rather than greasy heavy things. If you're finding it difficult to keep even water down, try ice-cubes. You can also try vitamin B6 - some women find it helpful and it is given to small kids to prevent car sickness.

3. Keeping cool, well hydrated and resting a lot - I found myself feeling v. nauseous otherwise. As a rule I noticed that towards end of the week I felt worse as commuting and work takes it out of you. If you can, opt to work from home for one day a week or so, it helps. And don't feel you have to be up until 11pm, go to bed at 7pm if you feel tired.

4. Eat what you can, once the nausea finally goes away you can start doing the healthy eating - at the moment the main thing is to get something down and not lose hope - it does go away eventually. I felt really desperate at times as it really did feel it would never end but luckily it did.

sheeplikessleep Tue 18-Aug-09 16:29:47

Oh Miia, how horrible for you.
I feel like a fraud now, as I am not actually sick, but do have constant feeling I am going to be sick morning, noon and night. I am trying to keep well rested, but it's difficult with a nearly two year old in tow. I work from home 2 days a week, but am finding I'm not getting a lot done to be honest.
Dh has just skyped me to say he'll be home at 6 and will sort ds out for bed. I feel a bit like a mean mummy at the moment, as the days we are together, I'm flaking out on the settee and he's watching more and more cbeebies blush I just feel sapped of energy. God I'm whingeing and I shouldn't be. Just feeling hormonal today.

Miia Tue 18-Aug-09 16:59:23

Hey, don't worry - just because you're not throwing up it does not make the nausea more tolerable. In fact I found it harder to be just nauseous than being violently sick. Like I said, being sick is not pleasant but it does beat feeling utterly crap all day... but it won't last forever so don't feel guilty.

P.S. When I was doing the toilet bowl hugging, I realised our toilet bowl is called 'Ideal Standard' in pretty writing- didn't know whether to laugh or cry at that stage... grin

sockmonkey Tue 18-Aug-09 18:06:36

The constant nausea is very wearing... DH didn't understand how energy zapping it is to feel constantly sick. He seemed to think that just because I wasn't actually being sick I ought to be able to carry on as normal. He'd give helpful comments like "Well in 8 weeks you'll start feeling better" Which I interpreted as "8 more weeks of feeling like crap - if I'm lucky!"

Hope you feel better soon Sheep

<sockmonkey realises she's not helping, and probably has ishoos>

Sorry

sheeplikessleep Tue 18-Aug-09 18:57:38

thanks sockmonkey, it is so wearing isn't it. sorry your dh wasn't very helpful (blooming men!)
i actually don't feel that bad at the moment and trying to catch up on things i wasn't able to do today. i've got so much work to do and i'm getting behind. i think i'm just so hormonal, but i feel fed up with being pregnant already. i feel bad that last pregnancy, i was so excited at every stage, now i just see it as a means to an end and not enjoying the process, if that makes sense. hopefully i'll start seeing the light in a few weeks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now