Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

This may sound stupid - but is it normal for

(7 Posts)
arolf Tue 18-Aug-09 11:28:54

my pelvis to feel like I've been riding a very fat horse all weekend?

I'm 35 weeks pg, and have been told that baby is breech, and his bum is engaged, which explains the ridiculous pressure on my bladder all the time. But since Sunday, I've been feeling really achey, it's getting sore to walk, and, like I say, just seems like I've been on a very wide horse for an energetic canter (or something along those lines). It's only really my pelvis that's aching, although my back has twinges from time to time, which I kind of expect now that my bump has similar dimensions to Moby Dick after a hearty meal.

Next midwife appt isn't until next week, so thought I'd check on here if anyone has any idea what this is - and if it's anything to worry about. hmm

IwishIhadtimetoreadnewspapers Tue 18-Aug-09 11:33:54

Sounds like your pelvis is beginning to complain at the amount of weight and pressure that it's being asked to cope with and like mild spd is setting in.

Try to limit your walking. Rest lots but don't sit down for too long at one time, change how you move so that you keep your knees together as much as possible (esp in/out of the bed and car).

Hope it doesn't get any worse for you.

arolf Tue 18-Aug-09 11:58:42

thanks - I had an inkling it might be something like that, and having googled SPD now, it seems to be a very mild occurence of it. Oh well, just have to hope it doesn't get any worse in the next week, and bring it up with the midwife when I see her.

phdlife Tue 18-Aug-09 12:07:16

I felt like that, and I really started to walk like John Wayne about that stage. A good rest in the afternoon (1st pg only, obv wink) usually set me right, hope that helps you.

Izzat you, Iwish?

MamiBabi Tue 18-Aug-09 12:12:22

I've had pelvic girdle pain since about week 25 (I'm 32 weeks this week, second pregnancy). Your symptoms sound very similar to mine. I find it really helpful to sit on a birthing ball whe I'm at home - it seems the pressure is reduced on your pelvis, less aches in back etc.

Hope this helps!

IwishIhadtimetoreadnewspapers Tue 18-Aug-09 21:22:06

<thread highjack alert!>

Yes it is phd! How's things? Did you know that Lynsey had a little girl 2 weeks ago?

phdlife Wed 19-Aug-09 12:52:39

NO, really? oooh, how WONDERFUL! god what a rubbish friend I am, haven't been in touch with that lot at all blush blush

thanks for telling me, will get a card out asap.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now