Talk

Advanced search

test result quicker than indicated on pack

(10 Posts)
NK20e17faeX1232a7f6be6 Mon 17-Aug-09 23:47:44

Hi all

This evening I did a tesco own brand pregnancy test 29 days after the start of my last period. Is states that results should be read in 3 minutes but can be quicker based on how much hormone is present. As soon as the fluid run across the windows, within a few seconds, the result was positive. I have already have 2 kids and the results were positive in less than the inidcated time, but not that quick. I am going to test again in a couple of days just in case even though they say false positives are rare/don't exist.

I just wondered if such a quick result could mean I am further along than i thought even though i had a period last month especially as i remember it being lighter than normal. I know its sometimes possible to get a period the first month of pregnancy but i have never had this before.

I guess my first scan will be the only way of knowing, just interested in knowing if getting a positive result so quickly might inicate something like being further along - or even twins!

Thanks

Lynsey

discojen Mon 17-Aug-09 23:57:18

same thing happened with me, turned out I was 12 weeks gone!
Congrats!
x

LovelyTinOfSpam Tue 18-Aug-09 00:10:52

I had this. I really didn't think anything was untoward, as we were having a break from TTC that month. So I didn't test until I was about a week late (maybe a bit more) and the result was very quick and very definite.

Was only one baby though!

becksydee Tue 18-Aug-09 05:21:53

this happened to me, the line came up before i'd finished weeing! i was 7 weeks pg at the time - just the one baby!

congrats on your bfp

duchesse Tue 18-Aug-09 05:30:03

The 3 mn is the outer limit I think. My positive tests have always been positive as they cross the window iyswim. Congratulations!

poorbuthappy Tue 18-Aug-09 07:06:57

I did a test 2 days before period due and the same thing happened...positive line came up before I had even moved off the toilet!
And yes, it was twins...grin

Trying4Baby1 Fri 21-Aug-09 17:23:13

Hiya, just used a tescos test this morning and got a BFP and it was quite quick too. I wouldn't worry about it and you'll get more accurate dating at your scan. If you're really worried you could always buy one of those tests that tell you how many weeks you are.

EyeballsintheSky Fri 21-Aug-09 17:36:49

Same here. CB digital and I hadn't even put the cap back on before that ominous word flashed up and scared the b'jesus out of me

lola0109 Sun 23-Aug-09 21:15:31

I had the same thing with the digital, flashed pregnant straight away and then went away a a wee egg timer appeared, i then had to wait the time limit to find out for sure.

Only one baby and I was 4 weeks! Second pregnancy though, maybe that makes a difference?

Congrats though!

feedthegoat Sun 23-Aug-09 21:23:12

When I got a postive it showed up before I'd even put the test down!

It was 4 days after my period due and dates were pretty much right for what I thought.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now