Talk

Advanced search

felt really early movements- now two days and none, worried

(5 Posts)
hettie Mon 17-Aug-09 21:01:34

I am only 11 weeks, but defo felt some flutters last week (recognise them from ds), no nothing for 2-3 days. I am worried it's gone quiet as am paranoid about miscarriage (have had previous miscarriage and ectopic).
Anyone remember early flutters and how frequently they were?

juuule Mon 17-Aug-09 21:07:38

Early movements are generally sporadic as there is a lot of room for the baby to move. It's only really after about 24weeks that the movements start to become more regular and really only after about 28weeks (I think) that there might be any concern if the baby wasn't 'heard' from for a couple of days.

Some people don't feel any movements at all until after 20w.

kalo12 Mon 17-Aug-09 21:11:14

not unusual at all. movements come and go as the baby may be facing the other way, even late on its not unusual to not feel movements for a while

StrikeUpTheBand Mon 17-Aug-09 21:22:34

Hi,

Please don't worry - it's happened to me 3 times now - and at about 18-20 weeks. I start feeling movements and then they stop for a week or so. I know it is very scary. I can totally understand your concerns about miscarrying, but at 11 weeks any movement you felt or didn't feel won't be a reliable indicator. Previous posters are right - I remember last time at 24 weeks the movements suddenly getting much more reliable (my previous pregnancy had ended in stillbirth at 24 weeks so all I felt were nudges and not as much as with my living ds). I am 22 weeks at the moment but at 19-20 weeks in this pregnancy had nearly a whole week where I didn't feel anything much at all and I was getting paranoid. Then one day the baby didn't seem to stay still for a minute and I felt better again. At the moment, I seem to alternate between days of being very active and days when the baby is really quiet.

Hope that helps.

hettie Tue 18-Aug-09 08:10:49

thanks so much for reassurnace that this is normal, will try and chill out

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now