Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

my bump is measuring normall but i look full term

(12 Posts)
kirsty19 Mon 17-Aug-09 20:47:53

hi im 19 and this is my 3rd pregnancy but 2nd baby,, i seen midwife the other day and she was shocked to how big i am she measured my bump and its measuring the rite size but she said i look full term so then she weighted me and im now weighin 15stone, wen i caught preg i was 12stone!!

its alot of strain on my body cos im normally a small girl..

ive got to c consultant soon to c wot he thinks..

i just wanted to kno does anyone think theres anything wrong and will i end up havin baby early??? sorry i forgot to say im 29 weeks pregnant,, so still got 11 weeks left and alot more weight 4 my body to put on....

drlove8 Mon 17-Aug-09 23:01:09

could your dates be out?,have you been checked for diabetes? , i know that can make some (not all )babies a bit bigger....
good luck next week , hope it goes well!

mogend77 Tue 18-Aug-09 10:30:16

I think I replied to you on a different thread yesterday, but I really do think your mw is being hysterical and alarmist. The baby is growing normally - OK. That's good.

If she has no other concern other than your weight gain I cannot for the life of me imagine why she felt the need to refer you to a consultant. Most mws would not even weigh you - weighing is not considered to be an reliable indication of anything these days.

You are probably just one of the many women (myself included) who put on most weight in the 2nd trimester. It's quite normal.

I think that unless she gave you a concrete reason for seeing a consultant, I'd politely decline. Weight gain alone is not indicative of anything!

And nor is how you look as that is affected by so many things - tummy muscles (this is your 3rd pregnancy), the way the baby is lying, your height etc.

The fundal height is right - that should be her/your only concern.

princessmel Tue 18-Aug-09 10:37:25

I am a bit like this.
According to most people I see, I am huge and they can't see how I still have 9 weeks to go and 9 weeks to get bigger...

But my fundal height is only measuring 1cm larger than my dates.(31cm and 30weeks)

And the time I was measured before that I was spot on. (27cm and 27weeks)

It's when I stand up that it all comes forward.

I think it's to do with how my baby is lying and also the fact that this is my 3rd pregnancy also and that I have weaker tummmy muscles.

As long as your baby is ok, then try not to worry. It's hard though I know.

mogend77 Tue 18-Aug-09 10:54:27

Sorry if I confused you Kirsty19 - it wasn't yesterday. It was on Saturday on the How much weight gain is too much? thread.

kirsty19 Wed 19-Aug-09 19:43:49

hey all thanks 4 the replys...

drlove8: ive had bout 3scans so my dates r certain,, i aint bn checked 4 diabetes tho!!

hi mogend77: i dnt kno wot's going on but i am really really big wish there was a way 4 me to put a pic up 4 u 2 c,, but ive been lookin due since i was 5months gone.. its really gettin me dwn cos it feels like my spine is grindin my hip and left leg and then my leg gives way if u know wot i mean lol..

hi princessmel: my measurements r lik that im 29 n measuring 30cm...
not long left 4 u then... wot u having??
can me bein big ave sum thing to do wit the sex??

drlove8 Wed 19-Aug-09 20:07:28

mabey you have loads of "water" ????

princessmel Thu 20-Aug-09 09:23:59

Kirsty19

I have 9 weeks to go. pics on profile....

I get a couple of 'big' 'nearly due' comments every single time I go out.

I'm having a boy, but I don't think this has anything to do with the sex.

mogend77 Thu 20-Aug-09 18:55:59

Kirsty19 - I was like that in my last pregnancy but measuring fine. I got all those comments - terribly worrying & hurtful, but based on nothing. Some people just look big in some pregnancies - looking big means nothing. The fundal height is the important thing. Try not to let people get you down.

thisisyesterday Thu 20-Aug-09 19:01:46

well, if you're measuring ok and your scans were ok i am sure it's all fine!

if the baby was abnormally big then that would have been picke3d up by now.

i have been HUGE with all 3 of mine and they've all been normal babies (between 9lb 1 and 9lb 11) and all came out ok.

i honestly woldn't worry. i got sick of hearing the comments about how big i was and when was I due etc etc, but u know, people just say it for something to say most of the time i think

BubbaAndBump Thu 20-Aug-09 23:44:29

Don't mean to worry you but I had a BIG baby 2nd time round (11 1/2 lbs) but it wasn't picked up, even though I was HUUUUUUUGE. Very uncomfortable towards the end, definitely became a very grumpy pregnant woman lol
All went fine though, but had a c-section (because baby was breech, not because of size) - very healthy bubba :D

kirsty19 Sat 22-Aug-09 23:14:07

HI HOW DO I PUT PICS UP ERE AND START UP MY PROFILE??

JUST THREE DAYS LEFT TILL I C CONSULTANT

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now