Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Scan at 32 weeks says baby 10 days to small -worried ....

(11 Posts)
jules888 Mon 17-Aug-09 19:49:54

Hi,

I have been for a scan today (live in Greece and they scan every month) and it says the new EDD is 10 days later than my original dating scan.

Ergo that says to me the baby is small for dates (though I measured the bump and its 32cm).

Healthcare here seems patchy even though you have to pay and long for some sensible no nonsense advise from good old blighty.

Should I be worried? Trying not to but not succeeding, anything I can do to get optimum growth?

Ant advice would be gratefully received.

Jules

SpawnChorus Mon 17-Aug-09 19:53:16

10 days growth at this stage is really neither here nor there. You get healthy full term babies with a large range of weights/sizes...honestly I wouldn't worry! (and I'm a worrier!)

Plus the scans are regularly a pound or more inaccurate

SpawnChorus Mon 17-Aug-09 19:55:13

Although clearly, this gives you a cast iron excuse to stuff in cream cakes and lounge around as much as possible wink

<<disclaimer: I have no idea if this is a scientifically proven technique of bigging up a baby>>

jules888 Mon 17-Aug-09 20:21:39

SpawnChorus, Thank you so much for the advice and I love the thought of the cream cakes.

Lounging around could be a problem as DS1 is only 4 and definately runs on duracell batteries!

Jules

MamaG Mon 17-Aug-09 20:23:07

PLEASE don't worry about this

They scanned me and said DD was small. She was 8 4 at birth.

They scanned me and said DS2 was average. He was 10 9 at birth.

Don't worry!

jules888 Mon 17-Aug-09 21:05:01

Wow! Ok then I'll look forward to delivering a healthy weight baby.

Thank you,

Jules

serendippity Mon 17-Aug-09 21:18:14

jules I went through this. I was measuring over 2 weeks smaller than i should be and had to go for a late scan. I wad increadibly worried just like you and ds is now a healthy 9 month old
As has been said scans can be a pound out. Ds was born 7lbs12oz btw, not huge but absolutly no concerns
Enjoy the rest of your pregnancy- and those cream cakes

jules888 Tue 18-Aug-09 11:42:58

Thanks serendppity, please have a cream cake for me!

Bettymum Tue 18-Aug-09 12:00:53

I went for a 3-D scan at around 33 or 34 weeks I think and they said, oh, you've got a small baby in there. I had to go for another scan at 39 weeks as the midwife couldn't find the head hmm and they said oh, you've got a big baby in there (with head still firmly attached).
DD was 7 lbs at 10 days overdue.

magbags Tue 18-Aug-09 13:38:10

I had the same thing with dd (now 3yrs old). They kept saying I was measuring small and did a couple of late scans which seemed to indicate that she was "small but healthy". Like you I was worried sick about this at the time but dd ended up being absolutely fine. 11 days late and 6lb 6oz.

I am due on Sunday with second dc and this time they keep saying this one isn't a tiddler, and I am measuring average etc. Of course now I am worrying that this baby is going to be huge!!

I'm sure all will be well and good luck.smile

jules888 Wed 19-Aug-09 05:51:24

Bettymum - glad head was attached!

Magbags - good luck for Sunday, hope this one won't be too big just the perfect size for you. Let me know how it goes!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now