Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Anyone about to talk about incontinence in pregnancy please?

(16 Posts)
CharCharGabor Sun 16-Aug-09 21:33:01

Was going to namechange but due to my endless creativity could only think of one name and it was taken blush so there you go grin

I am 11 weeks pregnant with DC2.I have noticed over the last 2 weeks or so I have been dribbling tiny bits of wee every so often. I don't even have to be doing anything, this morning I was just sitting on the floor and I could feel it dribble out but couldn't stop it.

I am getting very down about it and I'm worrying about smelling. I obv wash regularly and change my underwear but still worried, it's all I can think about while I'm out and it's getting me down sad. What else can I do to help? TIA

CharCharGabor Sun 16-Aug-09 21:44:06

Noone then? Sigh. <<shuffles away>>

suwoo Sun 16-Aug-09 21:47:33

Tena lady IME

wink

maxbear Sun 16-Aug-09 21:54:13

lots of pelvic floor exercises too, see gp if continues, they can refer you to a physio who may be able to give you some good advice.

CharCharGabor Sun 16-Aug-09 21:54:39

Thanks suwoo grin Well that'll bloody add up. Fark this better not end up in the DM! shock

CharCharGabor Sun 16-Aug-09 21:58:48

Ta maxbear, will do. Do you have to change the way you do pelvic floors when pregnant do you know. They always give me the giggles blush admit I am a weirdo.

corblimeymadam Sun 16-Aug-09 21:59:06

Message withdrawn

LuluMaman Sun 16-Aug-09 22:00:17

congratulations on the pregnancy, charchar.

lovely news

sorry about the incontinence.
def ask for referral to physio

which hospital are you at? the womens'?

Heated Sun 16-Aug-09 22:03:08

Definitely mention to your mw. No need to be embarrassed, think it's very common. It's if you become fecally incontinent that they really sit up and take notice!

Congrats on your pg smile

CharCharGabor Sun 16-Aug-09 22:05:57

Thanks for congrats and advice smile I'm getting booked in and having scan on Friday so I will mention it then. In the meantime I shall clench grin Am at APH over the water, LuluMaman smile

suwoo Sun 16-Aug-09 22:11:37

It is very common. I started a thread not long ago called 'support for those that piss themselves' or something similar, it will be in the archives.

I wore morrisons own pads everyday, but it has got better since delivery.

CharCharGabor Sun 16-Aug-09 22:13:02

I'll have a search for that thread suwoo, ta. It's comforting to know it's improved since delivery smile

YanknCock Sun 16-Aug-09 22:21:49

I think I read somewhere that the incontinence you get at the start of pregnancy is more hormonal, and what you get at the end of pregnancy is more to do with the pressure on your bladder.

I definitely had a problem at the beginning due to a chest infection that had me coughing my lungs out for the first four weeks of pregnancy. Was constantly pissing myself then, and I think my pelvic floor was so weakened by that that I kept on having problems with weeing every time I threw up (which was at least daily until 23-24 weeks).

I'm nearly 39 weeks now, and actually haven't had a problem with it for most of the second half of the pregnancy. But have to wear panty liners anyway due to the stooopid amount of discharge!

OP, just grab some Tena Ladys and settle in. It may go away as you settle into the pregnancy!

CharCharGabor Sun 16-Aug-09 22:35:50

Good to know that yours improved Yank, thanks. Will get me some Tenas tomorrow and see how it goes smile

LuluMaman Sun 16-Aug-09 22:44:40

ah yes forgot you were over the water smile

hope yuo have a happy and healthy pregnancy xxxx

CharCharGabor Sun 16-Aug-09 23:07:43

Thanks smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now