Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

I only work todays a week, what are my rights to time off for medical treatment?

(8 Posts)
BumptiousandBustly Sun 16-Aug-09 14:09:44

I only work two days a week, my 12 weeks scan is already on one of those days and the midwife at the doctors only sees patients on the other of those days.

Without giving revealing details about my job its hard to explain, but its in a two day cycle, so I am not use to them if I am only in one day that week.

What are my rights to free time off to attend routine appointments etc?

BumptiousandBustly Sun 16-Aug-09 14:20:54

Any advice?

BumptiousandBustly Sun 16-Aug-09 14:20:55

Any advice?

ruddynorah Sun 16-Aug-09 14:23:05

you are entitled to time off yes.

your employer may well ask why you couldn't have arranged the appointments on your days off seeings as you are at work only 2 out of 7 days. however, you are still entitled to the time off.

ruddynorah Sun 16-Aug-09 14:24:47

for your employer

BumptiousandBustly Sun 16-Aug-09 14:26:15

Ruddynorah

I think my employer is entitled to ask that, especially as I do only work two days, but unless I can pursuade the doctors to send me to the midwife unit at the hospital I may not have any choice.

I am looking into alternatives (i.e. trying to see if I can do different days at work that week, if the Nursery will swap etc) but just wanted to know the legal position, just in case.

hanaflower Sun 16-Aug-09 14:27:36

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

BumptiousandBustly Sun 16-Aug-09 14:29:18

Many thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now