Talk

Advanced search

Want to smell strange and even toxic smells.

(9 Posts)
Deeeja Sun 16-Aug-09 00:04:05

For a few weeks I have had the most overwhelming desire to smell strange things. Anything from dust, to flykiller, I haven't indulged with things like fly-killer, but love the smell of tea-tree oil, dust,etc. Is this wierd? Am 34 weeks

Confuzzeled Sun 16-Aug-09 08:01:43

My sister used to go sit in the petrol station when she was pregnant. I think it was a strange craving but hormones do bizarre things to you.

Boogellyboo Sun 16-Aug-09 13:07:02

I love the smell of stella at the minute. Have never ever been a lager drinker and cant stand the taste of stella but something about the smells fantastic. OH therefore thinks he's helping if he has a few cans at a weekend as he's letting me have a sniff hmm

Deemented Sun 16-Aug-09 13:12:20

When i was having my boys i used to crave the small of frshly dug muddy potatoes - heaven. I used to walk round our local market with my nose in a bag of muddy spuds...

stuffitlllama Sun 16-Aug-09 13:18:46

yes..creosote and petrol in one preg..heavenly ..

flyspray sounds downright freaky

Comewhinewithme Sun 16-Aug-09 13:26:26

nail varnish for me blush.

jardins Sun 16-Aug-09 15:59:50

With my daughter I was obssessed with creosote. I used to get up in the middle of the night and steal small pieces of wood from my neighbour's newly creosoted fence! I got some coal tar soap (rather more harmless) to sniff regularly. As soon as I came back from the hospital after having given birth the magic of creosote had disappeared.

With my son I was mad about coffee grounds and would sleep with a Bodum full of grounds so I could sniff them during the night. This craving did not leave me for months after the birth.

I have heard that these cravings can reveal a lack of iron? I'm pretty sure in my case it was true. There would be a undeniable link between the colour of iron, creosote, and coffee grounds.

HaggisNeepsnTatties Sun 16-Aug-09 16:37:17

I was the same with both pregnancies...loved the smell of cleaning products like Dettol.....

mosschops30 Sun 16-Aug-09 16:40:04

At the beginning of my pregnancy I found the smell of burning flesh rather alluring hmm shock
Its a day to day occurence in my job as a serial killer theatre nurse

Thankfully I have now returned to my normal state of wanting to vomit at this vile smell

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now