Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

help!!!!!!!!!!!! will maxi cosi mura3 fit ford ka?

(9 Posts)
nomorebooze Sat 15-Aug-09 22:41:35

we have been looking at prams today, however we stupidly didnt take my car (ford ka) we took my husbands car. the ladie in the store was unsure what will fit in the ford ka. we both loved the mura 3 and the wheels came off but will it fit? cant afford to change my car. first posting please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

monkeyfeathers Sat 15-Aug-09 23:18:22

I have a ford ka too. The boot is to small for pretty much everything and anything. I looked at the maxi cosi mura 3 online just now and I wouldn't be certain that it'll fit in there. Also taking the wheels on and off every time would be a pain.

We got a quinny zapp to use with the maxi cosi car seat. It's not ideal since we don't get a proper pram and there's no lie flat option. But we can't afford a new car and the baby can nap in the moses basket (and later cot). It definitely does fit (without taking the wheels off). Taking the pushchair seat off was a bit of a nightmare though and I'm not looking forward to putting it back on when we want to use it (which won't be for 6 months).

Or, you could simply buy the pram you actually want and alternate cars. That way the parent who needs the boot space can have the bigger car. Might be easier than anything else. We only have the one car, so this isn't an option for us.

nomorebooze Sun 16-Aug-09 10:03:04

hi Monkey feathers! thanks for your post.i think i will take my car to try for size!!!! i think it will be the only way to know! ive calmed down enough to think logically. just for info, the ladie in the store gave us a really good talk through on the mura and the wheels come of really really easily! so i am hoping when i try it will fit. however i will also look at the zap when i go back. many thanks for your post.

monkeyfeathers Sun 16-Aug-09 10:09:49

The zapp is pretty minimal tbh, but it folds up very, very small. The seat unit (for when you use it as a buggy) doesn't even recline (which seems like a ludicrous thing to miss out to me). I hope you manage to get the mura in.

carrielou2007 Sun 16-Aug-09 10:46:11

I doubt very much it will fit as it is a huge hulking heavy beast of a pram. If you walk everywhere the odd times you need to use it should be fine.

If you drive everywhere and you think - oops, must just get a pint of milk on the way home, it will drive you potty getting everything out, then getting wheels on, then getting baby in and if it's raining you will then both be soaked and pretty peeved off!!

I have a bugaboo which my friend also has and has a ka, she can just make it fit as it goes small with wheels off but I use a diff pram in the car. You'll find it better and cheaper to get a second buggy for the car or if you drive everywhere a diff choice of pram!!

differentID Sun 16-Aug-09 11:16:37

Are you going to Mothercare? If so ask if you can try the My3 pushchair in there. It does need to be taken apart, but also folds small plus the back wheels come off easily.
Also, try the Loola if you can

nomorebooze Sun 16-Aug-09 20:34:50

Cheers for all your advice! its all so confusing. i will have a look at all suggested! fingers crossed i will get sorted. however still plenty of time, but pleased i started looking so early!!!!!!!!!

nappyaddict Fri 21-Aug-09 02:26:46

Try a Mutsy Lite Rider. I got mine in a clio.

donandpea Mon 24-Aug-09 22:02:02

Try the Lolla as we get that in the boot of a mini.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now