Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

37 weeks, feeling huge and sore, but want baby to wait till sept - anything I should avoid doing?

(5 Posts)
naturelover Sat 15-Aug-09 19:11:27

... apart from curry, sex, pineapple etc?

Not due till early Sept but really hoping he/she will wait till then for the school year.

Am tempted to lie down for the next two weeks but would it actually help or will baby just come when ready?

Actually there is no chance of a rest at all, I have a toddler to run after, and this is probably why I'm so much more uncomfortable than last time. I sense it's a bigger baby too.

So, are there any things I can do to help this baby stay a bit longer? Or is this wishful thinking?

forevermore Sat 15-Aug-09 19:26:16

Why do you want a sept baby? Just curious because I want an august baby and consultant said i have to have a caeseraen booked for sept!

GuernseyFrench Sat 15-Aug-09 19:26:26

I am not in your situation but I think the baby will come whenever he/she feels ready for it!

Sorry not to be able to help...

naturelover Sat 15-Aug-09 19:29:43

DD will be two in Sept so I'd prefer if DC2 is two school years below DD as there'll be a two year age gap.

usernametaken Sat 15-Aug-09 20:06:20

As my midwife says "baby will come when baby will come"...so helpful!

I too am 37 weeks, feeling huge and sore.

I would quite like this baby to arrive in August mainly because DD is starting in Reception at the beginning of Spetember and I'd like to try juggling 2 kids before attempting the school run. If it arrives after she has started school I don't know how on earth I am going to drive the 10miles to school if I am recovering from giving birth.

Any ideas on how to get this baby out before school goes back?!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now