Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

bump meassurments

(3 Posts)
bettybets Sat 15-Aug-09 10:18:47

How often does the midwife meassure your bump? I'm 39 weeks and my midwife hasnt meassured me since 34 weeks on two previous visits.

SheWillBeLoved Sat 15-Aug-09 11:44:56

I got measured at every appointment after 20 weeks. Ask her to measure it at your next appointment if she still doesn't offer if you're worried

mogend77 Sat 15-Aug-09 13:02:29

I think some mws don't meaasure at that stage because it becomes much less reliable as the head engages/unengages/engages again etc. Last pregnancy my measurements were all over the place in the last few weeks! I wondered why they bothered as they always just put it down to the baby's position and said oh it's normal for them to be a bit wild at this stage. I have since heard that some mws are no longer using fundal height in the last weeks because of that.

If you want them to measure, just ask - but do be aware that it may not be very accurate.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now