Talk

Advanced search

Anyone else suffering from sensitive teeth?

(7 Posts)
Pages Thu 26-May-05 20:26:17

Help! I suffered from this mildly with my first pregnancy, but it's really bad this time, and really uncomfortable right now. Everything I have eaten today has set them off. I will go and get some Sensodyne toothpaste tomorrow, but any suggestions in the meantime?

Leogaela Mon 30-May-05 21:53:41

it may be because your gums suffer during pregnancy. may have receeded and exposing some of the sensitive bit below teh enamel. probably a good idea to take a trip to the dentist.

Pages Tue 31-May-05 21:24:39

Thanks Leogaela, it looks like it's just me! Have found Sensodyne toothpaste really helped actually, and I'm okay now.

eidsvold Tue 31-May-05 22:39:52

I had sensitive teeth and used Colgate sensitive - made a big difference.

ahymum Tue 31-May-05 23:26:32

I think Sensodyne is great - the only toothpaste that works for me (I sound like an advert)

Papillon Wed 01-Jun-05 07:12:10

Me the same

Dentist recommended extra soft toothbrush and sensitive toothpaste and regular flossing. Feels better already.

SecondhandRose Wed 01-Jun-05 08:37:43

Get yourself some Sensodyne and don't use it as a toothpaste but as a cream, rub it in where it is sore, brush with warm water and obviously avoids very cold foods.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now