Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

So how early can you do a pregnancy test?

(6 Posts)
Tryharder Fri 14-Aug-09 17:50:19

Am convinced I am pregnant - feel drained, absolutely knackered and suffered the same with DS1 and DS2. It's only been 21 days since my last period so if I am pregnant, it can only be a week or so.

Anyway, did a pregnancy test today and it came up negative. Was really disappointed as I have sort of geared myself up for it. Am I definitely not pregnant or it is too early to test?

LadyOfWaffle Fri 14-Aug-09 17:51:57

probably abit early - earliest is 6 days before missed period but the best time really is when it is due. Good luck!

Tryharder Fri 14-Aug-09 17:58:18

Thanks, there are many reasons why 3 children are not a good idea but have been thinking about names...

(someone slap me)

Will wait another week and test then....

ThePregnantPhantomPlopper Fri 14-Aug-09 18:11:01

I had this one 4 days before period was due, I only tested because I was positive I wasn't pregnant, turned out I was.

I'd wait if you can, I'm only 5 weeks and feel like I've been pregnant for 30 years.

roxy12 Sat 15-Aug-09 18:33:06

Hi
It depends as everyones pregnancy hormone is different i would wait for about 2 weeks and then do it as your pregnancy hormone should be strong enough to be detected.

good luck!

lumpasmelly Sun 16-Aug-09 16:31:09

Best to wait until 2 weeks after you think you conceived....though know what you mean a bout "knowing". Just got my BFP today, and I already knew it would be positive as I just felt different (though not necessarily in a pregnancy symptom type of way). Has been the same for all my pregnancies (this is my third) so perhaps your intuition is right.....try and hold out another 7 days!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now