Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

quick question - it's ok to fly in early pregnancy right?

(9 Posts)
melll Fri 14-Aug-09 15:41:11

i'm probably gonna be five weeks on the day of the outbound flight then i'll be flying back a week later. it's only to amsterdam but i'll have a toddler on my lap and at either end there's public transport to navigate and i'll have a huge heavy backpack to carry and pushchair with little one in. usually no problem at all, but, now i'm pregnant (with accompanying lack of energy),
am i asking for a miscarriage?

rubyslippers Fri 14-Aug-09 15:43:37

why would you be asking for a miscarriage? Carrying a heavy bag won't do this ...

you need to get some help to the gate and if finances permit use taxis rather than public transport - you need to make life as easy as possible for yourself at this point

KingRolo Fri 14-Aug-09 15:45:41

Agree with ruby. You are fine to fly, as far as I know there are no risks at this stage, but take care not to tire yourself out.

melll Fri 14-Aug-09 15:45:41

ok, i dunno, just with the overdoing it on the heavy lifting... i thought heavy lifting was a big nono

so it's ok to fly though right?

i wish i coudl use taxis! only it's rather a long way. public transport is the only option.

melll Fri 14-Aug-09 15:46:19

thanks for your answers

KingRolo Fri 14-Aug-09 15:46:45

Heavy lifting is more of a no-no after 20 weeks I think, mainly due to the risk of putting your back out.

franke Fri 14-Aug-09 15:47:49

Definitely okay to fly.

HeadFairy Fri 14-Aug-09 15:49:53

I've flown at 5 weeks and back home again at 6 weeks, baby is currently booting my in the bladder so I'm assuming everything's ok (am 21 weeks)

Hobnob76 Fri 14-Aug-09 19:12:54

Yep you can fly. Just think about how many honeymoon babies are flown home and mummy probably doesn't even know she's pregnant!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now