Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

39 weeks, measuring 47 weeks and they may let me go 10 days over AAaaaaaargh.

(5 Posts)
Confuzzeled Fri 14-Aug-09 13:12:49

I have PH but since baby now engaged and fluids reduced slightly they're classing me as normal. My baby is big as well but they wouldn't do another growth scan.

I spoke to a consultant and he said they won't do anything now till I'm 10 days over my due date. I'm so big I can hardly walk, my back is in agony. Then there's the skin on my tummy, it feels like a burn and is constantly sore.

I may be having a toddler at this rate.

Hangingbellyofbabylon Fri 14-Aug-09 14:05:42

You poor thing, I can only imagine how it must feel. I'm only 35 weeks with a big one and it is excruciating feeling this big. I think if you keep rocking up at the ante-natal day assessment and asking for monitoring and making a bit of nuisance of yourself they may well reconsider or at least give you a sweep. You shouldn't have to fuss but it looks like most of us do have to. Hang in there and let's hope the little one bahaves and comes out soon anyway.

Confuzzeled Fri 14-Aug-09 14:44:39

Thanks for replying HBOB, Your name is how I feel

I just want to scream GET OUT.

I've called my mw and asked for a follow up appointment at 40 or before 40 weeks so I can have a sweep. My dd was 9 days late but she was a normal size.

loulou77 Sun 16-Aug-09 10:57:24

I saw this and wanted to post. My friend was in a very similar position to you (she wouldn't mind me sharing in these circumstances I am sure) measuring very big and very uncomfortable.

She was refused a growth scan and had it not been for some early pre-eclampsia symptoms developing they would have left her to go overdue as well. However, baby was induced just before EDD, 11lb plus and she and baby did have a hard time at delivery.

Consultant acknowledged afterwards they should have done a growth scan just so they (and the MWs at delivery) were aware this was a big baby and could prepare accordingly (imagine how big baby might have been!).

My friend would say, with hindsight, she had every justification for asking for a second opinion when the consultant refused a growth scan (and he acknowledged this himself at her post-natal debrief).

Just to say, Mum and Baby are happy and healthy a year on, but don't feel afraid to query the consultants. A growth scan may not change their plan of care but at least everyone knows what to expect on the day.

Good luck with the rest of your pg x

McSnail Sun 16-Aug-09 11:49:49

You have my sympathy. I'm five days over and feel your pain. It's just not fair...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now