Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Bleeding at 7 weeks

(20 Posts)
hoops997 Fri 14-Aug-09 13:01:56

Hell ladies, I hope someone can help/reassure me.......

I started bleeding on wednesday, when I wiped but it started getting heavier towrds the end of the day so I took myself down to A&E to get checked out, anyway the first scan appointment they had was today, so stuck it out all day yesterday, bleeding continued but didn't get any worse.......anyway went for scan today and saw heartbeat/baby so am very happy with that......sonographer said she couldn't explain bleeding but I have got home and am still bleeding.....

It's when I wipe but also in my pants (sorry TMI)

anyone else had this and what was the result? Have I just got to put up and shut up or is it bad news??

blondieminx Fri 14-Aug-09 13:09:10

Hi Hoops. It's quite common to get some bleeding in early pregnancy and it often happens around the time you would have been due a period.

Put your feet up and rest - and ring your GP to ask for a referral to the Early Pregnancy Unit for in a day or two.

If you haven't got any cramps and the bleeding is brownish then it's probably fine but go straight in to get checked out if it turns pinkish/red or you get any cramps.

It happened to me at just before 8 weeks and as I write this I'm 18 weeks! Good luck and I hope things work out smile

pecanpie Fri 14-Aug-09 13:12:05

I've not experienced bleeding but I have been supported in early pregnancy by the early gynacology unit at my hospital due to previous problems. I had 4 scans prior to my '12 week' scan to help reassure me. Do you know if there is a hospital near you which has this sort of department? If you're still bleeding, you have good reason to ask for their help. They can't stop anything bad from happening unfortunately, but at least they can see what's going on with baby.

Good luck with everything and try not to worry (i know how hard it is). I have a friend who told me her bleeding was like having a period but everything worked out and she's due in a few weeks time!

hoops997 Fri 14-Aug-09 13:32:04

thanks for advice guys, I have a another scan on Monday morning, the EPAC has been fantastic this time cos I had a MMC in May of this year and they said that I can go for a scan any time I want........which is so reassuring......God this baby making so so worrying

Pinkjenny Fri 14-Aug-09 13:35:54

I bleed for three weeks in my first pg. Some friends have bled all the way through. If you feel things have changed or you are worried, just go in and have a scan.

AngelaCarleen Fri 14-Aug-09 13:57:27

Hi Hoops

I bled on and off between 5 and 9 weeks, I had three scans in that time. The early pregnancy unit at my local hospital arranges scans on the day if you ring and tell them that your bleeding. At the last scan the sonographer found some shadowing that she thought could be a broken blood vessel that was causing the bleeding.

Anyhoo I am now nearly 14 weeks pregnant and all is fine so far. It's really worrying when you're bleeding but try to take comfort that they've found your baby's heartbeat.

Take care
xx

Bubbaloo Fri 14-Aug-09 15:28:20

I bled bright red blood between 6-11 weeks,when pg with ds2.
He was born perfectly healthy and I never got an explaination,as to why this happened.
Hope the bleeding stops soon and you have a trouble free pregnancysmile.

easydoesit Sat 15-Aug-09 21:27:07

glad it's not just me!! I've had the same and a good scan. i've read that if you have a positive scan at this stage your chance of miscarriage drops dramatically so try not to worry...I'm trying, i know it's easier said than done x

rosie15977 Sun 16-Aug-09 11:18:14

I am 7 weeks pregnant tomorrow and this morning i have had a slight brown discharge. I had a miscarriage in november and i am so scared now. I haven't even contacted a midwife yet, well i have but she is on hols so i've not spoken to her, don't know what to do really.

Mouette Sun 16-Aug-09 12:30:53

Hi Rosie
Speak to your GP, he can refer you for a scan at the nearest hospital (early pregnancy unit). If you can't reach your GP you can probably call the EPU directly and ask if you can come in. If it's brown though it's old blood, so isn't usually anything to worry about. I had bleeding (red, pink, brown, any colour you care to name) on and off throughout the first trimester of both my pregnancies, went for several scans and it turned out to be harmless. I know it is stressful but it's quite common, often it's the cells in the cervix, or hormonal variations. Hope all goes well. If the bleeding turns red and/or heavy, or you get pain, you can go directly to your nearest hospital and insist on getting a scan straight away. xx

rosie15977 Sun 16-Aug-09 14:50:19

Thanks so much for that, i have just called the EPU she was really helpful but said i need a referal from my GP to be seen there. Seems more than brown discharge now though, more red coloured when i wipe but still no pain. I'm convinced i'm having another miscarriage.

Mouette Sun 16-Aug-09 15:55:59

Hi Rosie
I'm so sorry - I know how stressful it is. I had exactly the same thing though, brown turning red, with no pain, and it turned out OK, so there is still hope. Call your GP tomorrow, he can refer you for a scan. If the bleeding turns heavy (soaking sanitary pads), if there are clots, or pain, then go straight to A&E and they can scan you there. I hope all will be OK. Even red blood is not necessarily a mc if it's only a bit and there is no pain. All the best x

seastone Sun 16-Aug-09 22:46:43

hi i m 10 weeks pregnant...bleeding statrted 4-5 days back ,,initially dark brown spotting.then light bleeding and today i had some bloodclots and creamy grey kind of lumpy discharge,,,soooooooooo scraed ...booked for scan 2 days from now can any body explain ?
tahnx

rosie15977 Tue 18-Aug-09 10:36:14

Hi,I would try not to worry too much, you will probably be fine, it is very common to bleed throughout pregnancy, my sister in law bled contantly for 3 month with every one of her pregnancies,she has 2 healthy boys and 1 due on 1st sept. However i wasn't so lucky, i went for a scan at EPU yesterday after brown discharge all that was there was an empty sac, they said it hadn't really got past conception but pregnancy test had still detected the hormone. Now bleeding really heavily and having pain. This is the second time this has happened to me. I'm sure you will be fine x

blondieminx Tue 18-Aug-09 12:40:50

Rosie, v sorry to hear things haven't worked out this time. Do push to be seen by a consultant so they can work out what is causing the MC's. I've heard on MN that some people have had either baby asprin or progesterone supplements in very early pregnancy to help support your system - might be worth looking into?

I had a MC in March so I sympathise, it's horrid. Hope you're getting lots of support around you, take care and look after yourself in the coming weeks. And of course very best of luck when you decide to try again.

seastone Tue 18-Aug-09 15:02:04

hi rosie thats a relief to know that despite bleeding preganacies can be very much successfull...i m going to epu tommorow to have a scan done ...hope everythings will be fine....i feel so sorry to hear about ur mc,u take care of urself x

seastone Wed 19-Aug-09 13:26:57

hey rosie ..looks like im following ur foot steps...went for a scan today...empty sac but pregnancy test still positive.....bleeding is light and mild pain but my hearth is aching badly ohhhhhhhhh God

Charlotte36 Wed 19-Aug-09 22:47:41

Can someone tell me if I am going to mc as I had a brownish colour when I wiped myself for cnstantly for the last 7 days then for the last 3 days it has been red. I am now 7+3 weeks pregnant and am not being seen at the ep unit until monday but have had no pain and my HCG is 33,800 and prog level is 21? Also my breasts were sore for a few days when I first found out but not now is that normal!?

Charlotte36 Thu 20-Aug-09 22:59:55

Meant to be 13,800 now 16,000 but prog now 19 today so not looking good!

Charlotte36 Tue 25-Aug-09 09:42:56

Had another scan at 8 weeks yesterday and still not able to see anything but empty sac but wont commit to saying I have no baby as I have a great big Fibroid in the way making it hard to see, has anybody else had this? been told to come back in 2 long weeks, can they take this long to see a baby? hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now