Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

12wks- chest pains, bad headache, sickness, trots

(7 Posts)
TotallyAndUtterlyPaninied Fri 14-Aug-09 09:02:56

I've felt ill from when I got pregnant. I had my 12 week scan yesterday and all was fine. I've had chest pains and a temperature and so I'm on antibiotics. I think this might be a cop out as my chest is clear, no coughs, and the doctor listened.

Last night I got a headache and started feeling sick. I couldn't keep awake. Then I was awake all night in agony with my head and trying not to vomit. Today I have the trots which I've ha for about a week or two, and I feel awful. Paracetamol isn't touching the headache.

What could this be?

Picante Fri 14-Aug-09 09:05:22

Could be a nasty virus and nothing to do with your pregnancy, but it could be a sign of high blood pressure - I would try and get in touch with a midwife or doc today to rule that one out.

barbie1 Fri 14-Aug-09 09:06:41

no idea...but i have had a bad headache for days now. Morning sickness has come back too...does your chest feel like its pulputating? (sp?) Mine does...im 13 weeks now and i thought this was meant to be the blooming stage but instead i feel worse than the first few weeks hmm

rubyslippers Fri 14-Aug-09 09:08:02

sounds like a virus and nothing to do with the PG

BUT i would call a GP for reassurance (esp re headache)

TotallyAndUtterlyPaninied Fri 14-Aug-09 09:18:57

barbie- I have been getting palpatations but also shooting pains through my heart. I'm feeling worse but the minute Booked in for the doctors.

DH just rang, yet another person he works with has been sent home with suspected swine flue and she had the exact same symptoms as me. So maybe it's that. Or some other nasty bug- they all go round when it goes close to September don't they?

barbie1 Fri 14-Aug-09 09:23:58

totallyandutterlypained i have shotting pains through my heart some times too..my gp says its normal due to the amount of blood passing through, the trots are normal too, some days i have it, then nothing all all for days. I did think i had swine flu too since i had a sore throat, was tested and its all fine. I think some times our body changes so much in such a small amount of time there is bound to be some discomfort. When are you going to the doctors? i hope you feel better soon

mogend77 Fri 14-Aug-09 09:29:14

Poor you - how scary. Does sound like a virus is quite likely though - hope GP can give you some answers.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now