Talk

Advanced search

31 weeks - arms and legs feel weird and heavy

(13 Posts)
Flamesparrow Thu 13-Aug-09 13:55:46

Sort of restless legs-ish but arms too.

This morning my feet seemed swollen, but now they seem more just weirdy feeling and the veins are standing out lots. veins are up on my hands too.

I have been laid in bed for about 1 1/2 hrs, but now my limbs are feeling too weird and restless to stay there.

It is a humid day after lots of cold ones.

I have been feeling odd for a few days, but DC have had various viruses, I have come off anti depressants, so I thought it was prob a mix of run down and depression.

Oh, I have been being sick again (had hyperemesis until about 23 weeks) this last fortnight too.

Should I be getting checked out, or is it more likely just the weather??

whitenoise Thu 13-Aug-09 14:02:36

Hmmm, i would say its just sudden humidity after lots of cold days. However, the only way you will put your own mind at rest is to be seen by a Dr/Midwife as obviously i am neither.

Could your sickness be a bug? withdrawal from ADs?

Flamesparrow Thu 13-Aug-09 14:05:18

Sickness I think is heartburn related tbh. It seems to have coincided with that getting bad,, and I think it is now just my body's reflex of "feel weird, throw up" hmm

Have been looking online - local pharmacy does a free blood pressure check thingy, which might help my mind.

whitenoise Thu 13-Aug-09 14:08:08

worth checking your BP- i think i had wierdy arms and legs with DS3 but i can't remember what my username was towards the end to check!!

TBH my veins stick out lots when i am hot and your DCs have had viruses so could be a varient of that. When you are at the chemist, tell them about wierdy too

whitenoise Thu 13-Aug-09 14:09:26

I can't stay online long...The Father is due any minute - do tweet though, i get your messages on my phone x

Flamesparrow Thu 13-Aug-09 14:11:08

I'll let you know what happens Good luck with your dad

Flamesparrow Thu 13-Aug-09 17:26:24

Thought I had an answer... blood pressure woman told me it was low, and pharmacist said to get checked out if still feeling weird. looked at notes - tis right between me at 21 weeks and me at 28 weeks!

hmmmm....

Flamesparrow Thu 13-Aug-09 17:39:52

Oh, btw it has been varying from 98-100/62-64

Hangingbellyofbabylon Thu 13-Aug-09 17:44:16

it probably is the weather, it's really stuffy today and I started seeing stars after having to endure school shoe shopping at Castlepoint. You're very brave coming off the AD's - I tried around the same time and was totally lost within days. There was no way I could have made it full term without me doing myself or the kids some harm. I have noticed a link between the heartburn and throwing up and every time I think the throwing up is over it comes back again. Hang in there but of course follow the old rule of 'if you're worried phone the midwife'.

Jas Thu 13-Aug-09 18:41:40

No words of wisdom. But bumping for you.

(I am of the "call the m/w if you are worried" school though)

Frizbe Thu 13-Aug-09 20:32:50

I agree with Jas, have you called?

Flamesparrow Fri 14-Aug-09 08:19:34

No blush. In that place where it felt/feels weird but not weird enough iyswim.

I am feeling more normal this morning - so hopefully was just the weather (how you doing today Hangingbelly?). I have been yelling at DC lots already, so it will have raised my blood pressure if nothing else wink

Sparklytwinkletoes Fri 14-Aug-09 09:01:18

Flame, I'm just about a week ahead of you, and I had this about two weeks ago. I couldn't quite put my finger on it, but everything felt sluggish, I didn't have a temp but had a headache and felt sick (no MS here). I mentioned it to Mum and she insisted I call the MW. They called me in for a full check up at the hospital (was a Friday and my MW only at surgery on Thursdays).

They checked everything, temp, urine, blood pressure, heart beat trace, growth scan etc. They couldn't find anything with me and suggested that I had been overdoing it (probably true blush) and had a migraine.

So, I came home, took (more) paracetamol, drank loads and felt better.

Not saying its the same at all, but am saying don't worry about asking - they'd rather make sure everything is all right and that you are happy (normally, anyway!).

Try to get some more rest, drink lots of water (I drank powerade actually to boost energy and make sure I was well hydrated), keep your feet up whenever possible and think about calling your MW, just for a chat to start off with and see what she says.

Hope you're feeling better soon.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now