Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

should i be worried??

(9 Posts)
jaynel Thu 13-Aug-09 10:39:14

Hi i am currently 10 weeks pregnant, and ever since i found out 4 weeks ago i have suffered with a bubbly tummy. It doesnt matter what i eat or what i do i always have a bubbly tummy, sometimes it's worse than others buts it's really getting me down and im worried there might be something wrong with the baby. This is my 3rd pregnancy and i have not had this before, all i want to know really is should i be worried and is there anything i can take?

jaynel Thu 13-Aug-09 11:02:41

mogend77 Thu 13-Aug-09 11:52:45

Completely normal!

Honestly with the trapped wind & the alternating constipation & diarrohea, my whole pregnancies are a bit maddening.

rostbeef Thu 13-Aug-09 12:03:44

I have had this - my dicky tummy started at 6 weeks and continued on and off until now: 18 weeks. I checked with the midwife, she said its hormones. It has definitely eased so now I have a lovely sort of swing between constipation, and diarrohea too! What joy!
I was scared though as the digestive cramps feel like period pains and I kept getting frightened but everything is well so far. Don't worry. smile

charleymouse Thu 13-Aug-09 12:23:13

Jaynel,
sorry to hear about this, I had almost constant S & D for the first 15 weeks and lost 10lbs in weight. Both GP, MW and hospital said don't worry baby is a perfect parasite and will get everything it needs at the expense of you. This is also my third pregnancy not had anything like it before. I am now 24 weeks and going the other way, have had two bananas and a nectarine already this morning to help sluggish system keep moving through sorry ITMI. Just make sure to keep yourslef hydrated or you could end up in hospital with dehydration, drink little and often and try all the usual, cup of tea and biccy in bed before you get up, anything ginger you can find and just eat what you can don't worry about bump.

jaynel Thu 13-Aug-09 12:55:15

Thank u so much, i feel much better now!, its great being pregnant but is such a worry! x

BlueChampagne Thu 13-Aug-09 13:28:52

Have you tried Gaviscon? If you find it helps, you can probably get it on prescription.

jaynel Thu 13-Aug-09 15:21:49

i havent tried that no, i thought it was for heartburn?

mogend77 Thu 13-Aug-09 15:39:03

Gaviscon is more for heartburn. The Double Action one claims to do indigestion. But for bowel type problems there isn't a lot you can take in pregnancy unfortunately. Peppermint tea is probably your best bet.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now