Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Anyone going to fill in a baby diary or baby book?

(7 Posts)
MemoriesDad Thu 13-Aug-09 10:26:17

I really regret not filling one in for my two kids. I feel like I've forgotten sooo much - especially the little things that make you smile! That said, think it can be a bit of a chore when you're a busy parent with a little, screaming bundle of joy. What does everyone else think?

lowrib Thu 13-Aug-09 10:42:41

Yup, I promise myself I will, when I eventually get round to it (DS is 7 months already!)

Thanks for the reminder smile

melll Thu 13-Aug-09 20:09:06

what you might want to try is jotting stuff down on your calendar. this is what i did (was so much easier than digging out the baby book and the special pen and finding the time and the head space for it...), then when i had a day to myself i would go through the calendar and transfer bits to the baby book. course i'm gonna keep the calendar too, even if it does have all the other usual crap on it.
i'll be doign the same again next time
really want my little ones to have baby books. i know i enjoyed looking back on mine when i was younger, even if it did mostly just consist of a list of injections and dates of teeth!

amidaiwish Thu 13-Aug-09 20:17:05

this baby's 1st year calendar is nice and you do what melll suggests, then it ends up as a record too. wish i'd seen it when they were born, never did fill in the baby record books we got

MrsChemist Thu 13-Aug-09 20:18:41

I would like to get this
It's a bit expensive though, but a fantastic idea.

amidaiwish Thu 13-Aug-09 20:20:16

that is gorgeous.

morningpaper Thu 13-Aug-09 20:21:31

I bought a plain-page hardback A4 posh notebook for each of mine and have used it as a scrapbook - anything from scan photos to birthday invitations from classmates. It's a nice place to stick stuff, I'm glad I did it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now