Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

nursery furniture in london?

(8 Posts)
ursigurke Wed 12-Aug-09 18:31:19

I'm mainly looking for a bedside cotbed but I do not want to buy nursery furniture online without having seen it in reality as I can not judge quality just from a picture.
So, where in London can I find good quality furniture? I only know mothercare and John Lewis. I'm idealy looking for high quality and a natural finish. I don't necessarily need "a stylish and contemporary look"

helips Wed 12-Aug-09 19:00:21

Hi Ursi!

Have you looked at The White Company? They do some nice bit's and have shops in London. Also, Chic Shack do some gorgeous furniture, a bit pricey but very high quality. They have a shop in London, can't remember where but have a look at their website and it will point you in the right direction. Can't remember website address but google chic shack and it will bring it up.

Scorps Wed 12-Aug-09 19:04:06

Have you seen Stokke cribs? Try backinaction.co.uk

designerbaby Wed 12-Aug-09 19:49:44

Mamas and Papas - their flagship store is in Oxford Circus, and they have an out-of towner near Brent Cross - and probably others that I'm not aware of.

Sometimes a bit pricey but they often have deals - and in actualy fact DDs cotbed/matress deal made it one of the cheaper options we found.

Quality is top notch IMHO.

Cafe is bloody marvelous, which helps no end whe you're 3o-odd weeks and shopping.

db
xx

hanaflower Wed 12-Aug-09 19:52:34

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ursigurke Thu 13-Aug-09 16:43:33

Thanks for all your advice. I've already started to check out the relevant websites but I'm not quite sure if I will find what I am looking for (seem to have something very specific in mind). I think, everything looks very nice but as if the look was more important than practicability and the use of natural materials. So I guess I have to continue my search. Well still 11 weeks to go hmm

LionstarBigPants Thu 13-Aug-09 16:50:07

I'd recommend the Mamas & Papas Close & Cosy bedside cot. I came across one in John Lewis (I think) not in an M&P store.

ursigurke Thu 13-Aug-09 19:59:31

Thanks Lionstar, tried to google it and found some pictures. I guess that's more what I want but I'm not sure if they still produce it as I couldn't find it on any shop homepage (did just a quick search though). But I suppose there will be something like a similar but newer model.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now