Talk

Advanced search

nursery furniture in london?

(8 Posts)
ursigurke Wed 12-Aug-09 18:31:19

I'm mainly looking for a bedside cotbed but I do not want to buy nursery furniture online without having seen it in reality as I can not judge quality just from a picture.
So, where in London can I find good quality furniture? I only know mothercare and John Lewis. I'm idealy looking for high quality and a natural finish. I don't necessarily need "a stylish and contemporary look"

helips Wed 12-Aug-09 19:00:21

Hi Ursi!

Have you looked at The White Company? They do some nice bit's and have shops in London. Also, Chic Shack do some gorgeous furniture, a bit pricey but very high quality. They have a shop in London, can't remember where but have a look at their website and it will point you in the right direction. Can't remember website address but google chic shack and it will bring it up.

Scorps Wed 12-Aug-09 19:04:06

Have you seen Stokke cribs? Try backinaction.co.uk

designerbaby Wed 12-Aug-09 19:49:44

Mamas and Papas - their flagship store is in Oxford Circus, and they have an out-of towner near Brent Cross - and probably others that I'm not aware of.

Sometimes a bit pricey but they often have deals - and in actualy fact DDs cotbed/matress deal made it one of the cheaper options we found.

Quality is top notch IMHO.

Cafe is bloody marvelous, which helps no end whe you're 3o-odd weeks and shopping.

db
xx

hanaflower Wed 12-Aug-09 19:52:34

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ursigurke Thu 13-Aug-09 16:43:33

Thanks for all your advice. I've already started to check out the relevant websites but I'm not quite sure if I will find what I am looking for (seem to have something very specific in mind). I think, everything looks very nice but as if the look was more important than practicability and the use of natural materials. So I guess I have to continue my search. Well still 11 weeks to go hmm

LionstarBigPants Thu 13-Aug-09 16:50:07

I'd recommend the Mamas & Papas Close & Cosy bedside cot. I came across one in John Lewis (I think) not in an M&P store.

ursigurke Thu 13-Aug-09 19:59:31

Thanks Lionstar, tried to google it and found some pictures. I guess that's more what I want but I'm not sure if they still produce it as I couldn't find it on any shop homepage (did just a quick search though). But I suppose there will be something like a similar but newer model.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: