Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

taken a beta blocker and think i'm pregnant

(6 Posts)
emmajlh Wed 12-Aug-09 15:06:57

Hi all,

I'm 3 weeks pregnant so v v v early days. i think but can't be sure, that i took a beta blocker last week before going into a meeting with my director. it was an impromptu 'can we get together at 3' and I felt really anxious and i think i took one to get rid of the physical symptoms and ensure i didn't have a panic attack in the meeting.

i'm really worried that it may have harmed the fetus (i know it isn't called that yet but can't remember the name for it before its a fetus.

AitchTwoOh Wed 12-Aug-09 15:08:38

it's beta blockers they give you in pregnancy if your BP goes wonky, they've been around a long time and are considered very safe. (obv without knowing what ones you're talking about, but i think as a group they're fine).

AitchTwoOh Wed 12-Aug-09 15:09:11

oh, and congratulations. wink fingers crossed for you.

andiem Wed 12-Aug-09 15:09:27

I took beta blockers for high bp throughout my last pregnancy so you should be fine

hijack
aitch did you sort the paper out?

AitchTwoOh Wed 12-Aug-09 15:10:08

nope, am waiting to hear back.

Iklboo Wed 12-Aug-09 15:10:15

There are certain beta blockers you shouldn't take long term in pregnancy and some that are fine (labetalol for example). If you're worried have a quick chat with your GP. It's likely a one-off will be fine

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now