Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Excited but can't tell anyone- its' a hard stage!

(8 Posts)
clothaddict Tue 11-Aug-09 12:48:14

I am 5 weeks pregnant with #2. I am excited but hate this stage when don't tell people til around 12 weeks. I held off telling til after scan last time and would like to do the same again, but also am dying to share it!

Alos wanting this time to pass so i know that the little ball of cells is going to hang on in there. And if I am honest it is taking my head a little to get used to, got pregnant the first time for this one, whereas took 6 months first time around so it's all hit a little faster than predicted.

Anyway just had to share with someone!! Eek. Any others in same boat.

SummerC Tue 11-Aug-09 12:52:58

Congratulations clothaddict!!! I had every intention of keeping schtum until I was 12 weeks with my DD but I failed miserably. I think I lasted 3 or 4 days before I blurted it out to all and sundry!!

Do what you feel is right. Maybe just tell a close friend so you have someone to talk to about it.

No advice really.....huge congrats though.

EliandmE Tue 11-Aug-09 13:48:15

Me too, test confirmed last night that I am 4+4 pregnant. We (as in hubby and me) agreed we wouldn't tell anyone until I was at least 6 weeks (I have had a chemical pregnancy before). Two minutes later hubbys phone starts buzzing, and its a text from his boss saying congratulations shock

So I feel totally justified in sharing our news with my best friend today, only she has gone awol and I can't get hold of her. Grrrrrr, so frustrating.

Anyway congrats to all the other secret mums to be out there x

dal21 Tue 11-Aug-09 13:54:06

Congrats!

Not too long ago, I was in your boat. Am now 17+1. Not being able to tell people is agony! I totally agree.

Only a handful of very close family and best friend knew before the 12 week scan. Alhough I have to say that when I eventually did come clean at work - it was no surprise! I had been out of my normal clothes from 6 weeks! I found hiding this pregnancy virtually impossible - I think it was simply collegues/ friends good manners that stopped them from asking if I was pregnant.grin

But fingers and toes, you'll be at that milestone before you know it!

Chynah Tue 11-Aug-09 22:59:30

I am 4+6 and not planning to tell anyone until after the 12 week scan (except one friend who I may have to tell as we have a spa day booked). With DS we told no one but by running partner (in case of somethin happening) til 14-16 weeks.

I am terrified I will micarry as have before and was glad then that we hadn't told people.
I am mainly impatient to get to 12 weeks for a bit more peace of mind rather than for telling people - I quite like me and DH hhaving our own little secret for a while!

shelinka Wed 12-Aug-09 08:09:52

Congratulations! I found yesterday (my birthday!) that I'm 4 weeks with #3. I told two close friends that knew we were ttc, as I knew they would ask, and I couldn't lie with a straight face.

I think I'll wait as long as I can before I tell anyone else - hopefully till 12wks. But I am dying to shout it from the rooftops!

Bex383 Wed 12-Aug-09 08:34:43

im 10 weeks tomorrow, its so hard not to tell people aspecially when ur doing strange things or changing your routine and people ask why etc. id love to tell everyone but the thought of something going wrong and then me having to go back round and inform people puts me off. my parents and OH parents know and iv had to tell my work not out of choice, and my 2 closest friends know. i told my two friends as one is preg and due in 2 weeks and my other i go horse riding with so i had to ask her to take it steady (she would only have thought that to be odd) sometimes i like the fact people dont know tho, its like a secret! lol

KnockedUpDelf Wed 12-Aug-09 11:53:52

I am almost 9 weeks now and am considering starting to tell some people.

I am usually very active and lots of people are starting to notice that I am off my game a bit (really bad morning sickness and tiredness), am also packing on the fat that I recently lost - people are going to notice!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now