Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

maternity/nursing bras

(8 Posts)
raindroprhyme Mon 10-Aug-09 20:38:04

i am 15 weeks and none of my underwear fits me Arghhhh!!!!

so do i bother going to get measured and buy some new maternity bras every few weeks or do i get some bravado nursing bras or something similar and hope they will still fit in the first few weeks till milk settles down. Then get some lovely hot milk nursing bras.

what have you lovely ladies done?

mummyto2boys Mon 10-Aug-09 21:25:20

i went for a well supporting maternity bra -had to get more at about 36 weeks so got a nursing bra then as i was different again.

hope that helps.

SuiGeneris Tue 11-Aug-09 09:44:00

I got measured and got some maternity bras at week 8, when I had already gone up 3 cup sizes and got two more bras- in a bigger back- at week 16. Suggest getting measured somewhere good like John Lewis, where they will advise on sizing that leaves room for growth while offering good support. Definitely worth the time and money, esp. if, like me, your size has changed a lot (usu. 30E, now 32-34F).

LionstarBigPants Tue 11-Aug-09 09:49:10

I'm still in my nursing bras from DC1 (who only gave up a couple of months ago). To make them fit now (33 weeks) I've gone for some bra-extenders, just to give my ribs a bit more space.

thoughtforms Tue 11-Aug-09 10:37:33

I went to Matalan and got a load of sports bras, but in cup sizes bigger than I'd normally get - that way it was £3 a time, and I could get bigger sizes if necessary (or bra extenders should my band size increase - you can get them on ebay).

Now I'm 38 weeks, and finally got my first proper nursing bras a couple of weeks ago, as they're sooo pricey. The word "Maternity" seems to add a few extra pounds on everything!

raindroprhyme Tue 11-Aug-09 20:32:51

Matalan sounds like a plan.

problem is this is my 3rd so tits are buggered anyway so not worried about having them well supported and all that malarky.(already saving for my boob job)Just want to be comfortable and not end up forking out £100s on bras i will never wear again.

thaks for the responses.

xx

Me7 Tue 11-Aug-09 21:05:08

Have you tried ebay, I've found some good value maternity/nursing bras on there?

I was so flat chested before and have increased in size-part of me wants this to stay lolwink. But I am don't want to spend a fortune on bigger bras if I shrink again.

I plan to try Primark on the weekend, anyone been there? Also heard TK Maxx good but it's having the patience to look...x

WorzselMummage Tue 11-Aug-09 21:06:55

H&M ones are good, I wish I'd got some at the beginning.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now