Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

silver cross 3d system are they really that bad?

(9 Posts)
luckylam81 Sun 09-Aug-09 23:14:54

hiya,got the chance to buy a very nearly new 2 in 1 silver cross 3d system for really cheap,i am tempted but have been reading reviews and it doesn't seem to be rated highly at all,quite badly infact,anyone got anything good to say about it? xsmile

Boblina Mon 10-Aug-09 08:43:04

do you have a link to the pushchair?

4andnotout Mon 10-Aug-09 08:45:41

My friend bought one and the chassis completely buckeled, her ds isn't exceptionally large either.

carrielou2007 Mon 10-Aug-09 09:02:20

I had one and I loved it. They are VERY heavy though, fine for a newborn but when in pushchair mode it's a struggle! I love silver cross and have had 5 diff models and find them brill. They do sell for low prices though, depends how cheap is cheap, sold mine for 65 pounds.

luckylam81 Mon 10-Aug-09 10:00:48

www.mothercare.com/Silver-Cross-Complete-Pram-System/dp/B000UPEMTA/sr=1-1/qid=1249894539/ref=sr_1_1/ 276-9424267-4491002?%5Fencoding=UTF8&m=A2LBKNDJ2KZUGQ&n=42777041&mcb=core

thanks for replies,i'm going to have a look at one today at pram centre x

bamboobutton Mon 10-Aug-09 10:05:20

agree with carrielou.

great as a pram but too small as a pushchair.

and it does weigh a ton! we got ds into a cheapo bruin buggy at 7 months.

and the basket is pretty crap too.

PuppyLoves Mon 10-Aug-09 10:08:09

Agree with the above.

Pram is lovely, buggy far too heavy and using the basket is a battle not worth fighting.

DD went into a maclaren stroller at 10 months and I couldn't believe the difference in weight

Boblina Tue 11-Aug-09 12:44:01

Hi I have this. Yes it does get a little heavy when they get bigger but I love it. I did not find it that difficult on the bus. I think it fold very easily. What I found and still do find annoying is that the basket is not really accessible. You would not be able to do the stairs but yourself. So if you are looking for something light this not it, but the reason why I chose it was because it is compact and very comfortable for babies. My DS is two and has no problem sitting in it, but I do admit that on days out we sometimes use the stroller.

hophophippidtyhop Tue 11-Aug-09 15:23:33

I have the linear freeway, and not had any problems with it, plus you can have your baby facing you for as long as you/they want. I chose it as I don't drive and wanted a sturdy pram with a big basket so if I was out , I'd have room for everything.It's a nice roomy pram, no good if you have to fold up on buses regulary though, I swapped to a lighter buggy when she was 1. My dd was a baby during the winter and I felt she was cosy in it, even when it rained and I didn't have a raincover. There's usually loads on ebay.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now