Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Was anyone else not tired at 4.5 weeks pregnant?

(21 Posts)
BottySpottom Sun 09-Aug-09 22:07:56

I guess I am half expecting to loose this baby due to my age, but I can't remember being this un-tired at 4.5 weeks. I feel absolutely fine and not remotely tired.

I know I usually feel a bit sick at 4 weeks and then OK until 6 weeks, but I was expecting to feel really tired.

Thanks

MollieO Sun 09-Aug-09 22:11:35

Until I was 6 weeks the only pg symptom I had was an increased sense of smell, no tiredness or sickness. Mind you the sickness kicked in at 6 weeks and didn't stop until ds arrived!

BottySpottom Sun 09-Aug-09 22:22:37

Oh Mollie, that sounds grim! I hope I'm not the same!

Ladyem Sun 09-Aug-09 22:22:39

I was fine up until 6 weeks, no tiredness or sickness. It really all kicked in at 7 weeks for me, then was awful, so don't worry too much yet, the hormones aren't that high at that stage to make you feel too ill/tired. (some women don't actually find out until 5/6 weeks). Try not to worry and good luck! grin

ReneRusso Sun 09-Aug-09 22:41:34

I'm 6 weeks today and don't feel very tired either. I'm sure the tiredness had kicked in by now with my previous 2 pregnancies. Although its 8 years ago so I may be remembering wrong. Hope everything's ok for you and hope we both feel dreadful soon grin

BlackLetterDay Sun 09-Aug-09 22:51:23

I was exhausted with dd, sore boobs the lot, this is what prompted me to test, although sickness didn't kick in till later.

With ds though I tested because we were trying and kept expecting all the symptoms to kick in, never did though. I really didn't have many symptoms with him at all and felt fine until the hugeness kicked in. He was born fine and dandy so it can be different with different pregnancy's. Im pg again and although I did have a little bit of tiredness (nothing like the first time) still no sickness and 27 weeks now.

BottySpottom Sun 09-Aug-09 23:05:30

Hoping for a pregnancy like yours BlackLetterDay!. Thanks ReneRusso!

noodlesoup Sun 09-Aug-09 23:09:40

I had no symptoms at all with my 3rd until the weight started to affect my hips etc. I don't remember being tired at 4.5 weeks with any of them. I think it was more like 8 weeks with the first 2.

MyNameIsInigoMontoya Mon 10-Aug-09 09:48:05

I don't seem to get the tiredness until much later, it was at least 8 weeks if not 9 or 10 when it really kicked in.

makedoandmend Mon 10-Aug-09 09:52:49

0-13 weeks - absolutely tickety boo bar a bit of queasiness

13-40 weeks - absolutely knackered (but then we did move house in my 13th week - something I won't be repeating should I ever get pregnant again hmm)

JRocks Mon 10-Aug-09 10:01:49

I didn't feel tired at 4.5 weeks. I didn't know I was pregnant then though. At 4.5 weeks however I did notice the huuuuge chest grin

TakeLovingChances Mon 10-Aug-09 10:08:44

4.5 weeks I had a slight amount of symptoms, but I think that's a psychological thing cuz I knew I was preg (DH and I had been ttc for a few months).

The actual physical symptoms didn't kick in until 7-9 weeks. I'm almost 11 weeks now (this is our 1st DC) and I am now super tired!

From what I hear, each person and each pregnancy is different, so don't fret!

jaype Mon 10-Aug-09 11:04:29

No - tiredness didn't kick in till 7 or 8 weeks (just like the vomiting...). In fact, at 5 weeks I spent two seven hour days doing a sailing course hmm with no side effects barring the fact that the feeling of the wetsuit pushing on my tummy was quite horrible already. It all went downhill from then on, though. I am knackered now, especially as I wake up for a wee every night at 5am.

BlueChampagne Mon 10-Aug-09 13:17:41

I didn't feel particularly tired for the whole of my pregnancy with DS1. Look away now anyone who is suffering, but I didn't feel sick, ditzy or anything!

This time round I feel a bit more tired but but already have DS to get me up early etc. A bit queasy, but nothing compared to some people.

So make the most of it; long may it continue grin

Mouette Mon 10-Aug-09 15:51:16

I wasn't - I started to get tired at about 6 weeks. At 4.5 weeks lots of people don't have any symptoms - my SIL didn't even find out she was pregnant until she was 8 weeks gone, she had no symptoms at all.

chocolaterabbit Mon 10-Aug-09 15:51:29

Not at 4.5 weeks. The exhaustion, morning sickness and dizziness kicked in with a vengeance at 6 weeks and I now still feel queasy (32 weeks) but have oedema and SPD as well!

peachyfox Mon 10-Aug-09 16:33:27

I gather you're an older mum? I've read the older you are the more resistant you are to hormonal surges etc. Hence they thought less ms meant a pregnancy that was not as strong, when in fact the increased mc incidence was just the association with the older age group.

I'm pg with my first at 41 and haven't been tired or sick at all. I've still been swimming and beetling around everywhere and even this week, at 37+ I went to the pub till 2am (sober as a judge of course).

Good luck!

ThePregnantPhantomPlopper Mon 10-Aug-09 16:36:18

I'm 4.5 weeks and am not tired either.

Infact haven't had much in the way of symptoms and am slightly paranoid. My boobs hurt though, which they didn't with the first two.

BexJ78 Mon 10-Aug-09 19:09:56

I am now 23 weeks adn have had no tiredness and no sickness (everyone will hate me now!) Had it not been for the missed AF, I would have never suspected i was pregnant and even now, other than the increasing bump, i still don't really feel any different! I am sure I am going to get my comeuppance very soon! Hope it all goes well!

Nocoffeenoworkee Tue 11-Aug-09 07:29:17

I'm about 6 weeks and I have felt more energetic than before (weird!) save for a few random sleepy moments in the mid afternoon. The only symptom I have is the MASSIVE breasts that have gone up 2 cup sizes and are incredibly sore. This comes from a girl who's normally a 32B - whole new world!

BottySpottom Tue 11-Aug-09 10:00:02

Thanks all. I seem to get more morning sickness each time, so I wonder if the people aren't suffering are those with their first babies?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now