Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

First kick- what does it feel like?

(10 Posts)
SuiGeneris Sun 09-Aug-09 16:23:50

Would you be kind enough to tell me what the first kicks felt like and when you first felt them, please? I am 16+5 and think I have felt some kicks, would say they felt like a poke with a finger, but recall people on here referring to flutters and butterflies, so am now wondering whether what I felt was something else..

Narketta Sun 09-Aug-09 16:26:54

You know when you get a twitch in your eyelid?? Thats what I think first baby movements feel like.

I'm not mad honest!

teamcullen Sun 09-Aug-09 16:32:38

have you ever had a little ball of wind, and you can feel it moving about? not painful,but more of a tickle.

Thats how it felt for me.

Ladyem Sun 09-Aug-09 16:35:50

I agree with Narketta !! That's exactly what it feels like! I felt them at 16weeks with DD and about 18 weeks this time around. Now at 36 weeks it's more like being booted in the ribs!! Lol!

AmazingBouncingFerret Sun 09-Aug-09 16:40:52

First movements I seem to think are a bit like when you, excuse the crudeness, fart in the bath and the bubbles travel to the surface of the water!! blush
First kick is a bit more substantial and basically make me think I have an alien inside me...

mogend77 Sun 09-Aug-09 17:00:47

Little pokes for me this time.

teamcullen Sun 09-Aug-09 17:03:14

yes ABF thats what I meant! its been 7 years [blush}

Mouette Sun 09-Aug-09 17:46:53

I felt what I can only describe as small muscular spasms/twitches, in various places, all over my abdomen. Didn't feel like either butterflies or kicks! I think I was 18 weeks pregnant when it started. x

lucky1979 Sun 09-Aug-09 19:42:13

Mine definitely felt like little bubbles - put it down to how much lucozade I'd been drinking!!!

Now they feel like she's practicing for a penalty shoutout.

mollymawk Sun 09-Aug-09 19:45:04

yes, another vote for rising bubbles here

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now