Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

cervical stitch for twins

(4 Posts)
samdog Sun 09-Aug-09 15:26:58

Has anyone had a cervical stitch whilst pregnant with twins due to a previous mid trimester loss of twins?

Swedes Sun 09-Aug-09 15:32:09

I've had a cervical stitch in two of my pregnancies after losing a baby at 22 weeks. I was advised to have a general anaesthetic by my lovely consultant as they turn you pretty much upside down (so the amniotic sac is inclined away from the stitch). I was in for just one night on both occasions. I found I was much better able to enjoy my pregnancies after the stitch as I felt more secure.

Congratulations on your pregnancy by the way.

samdog Sun 09-Aug-09 15:47:49

Which hospital did you have your stitch in?

Mouette Sun 09-Aug-09 17:55:56

Hi samdog
I had the stitch for my DS after losing my first at 17 weeks, but it was a single pregnancy in both cases. However I can tell you it worked very well and I now have a beautiful baby boy. The op was done under general anaesthetic, I was only in for the day. I had some pain down below for a week, apparently I was unlucky as 95% of women don't feel any pain! My op was done at Queen Charlotte hospital in London by Professor Bennett. Congratulations and good luck with everything!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now