Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

HCG Levels does anyone know

(21 Posts)
horseshoe Wed 25-May-05 14:26:50

I thought I saw someone post a list of HCG levels and the estimated amounts you should have for your due dates?

Has anyone got this?

bossykate Wed 25-May-05 14:36:23

are you worried about something, horseshoe?

MINNIE1 Wed 25-May-05 14:42:09

HCG Levels
Hope this works.

MINNIE1 Wed 25-May-05 14:49:09

horseshoe,
How are you?

horseshoe Wed 25-May-05 14:50:33

I was sent for HCG level blood tests because at only 5+2 days, my midwive thought it would be too early to scan as anything under 1500 hcg is hard to pick up. She called me today to say it was good news and levels were 5000. Now i'm thinking does this mean i'm further along? Have a scan tomorrow to be sure anyway

horseshoe Wed 25-May-05 14:51:54

I'm good thanks,

How are you?, I was so worried for you as I remember we tested neg together and then you disappeared. I thought you were having a break so I'm delighted seeing your PG.

Congratulation

MINNIE1 Wed 25-May-05 15:05:37

horseshoe,
The stress of the TTC really got to me in the end. But i finally done the deed. Couldnt beleive it, had a scan at 7wks and seen a heat beat i was thrilled.
Your level sounds really good, I had my HCG tested when i was 7wks and it was 5000+ cant remember rightly but i have numbers at home and will let you know.
Let me know how you scan goes and i'll be thinking of you, what time is you scan at?

horseshoe Wed 25-May-05 15:10:52

It's 9:10am so should be able to let you know by lunchtime tomorrow.

I'm really please for you. Same here, I gave up and it just happened. I can barely contain myself at work I am so happy. And Dp is so pleased he's suffocating me now with his text book findings.

bossykate Wed 25-May-05 15:12:02

congratulations!

MINNIE1 Wed 25-May-05 15:24:02

horseshoe,
Its the best news in the world, and many congrads to you and your DP

My poor DP nerves have gotten the better i think. He is worried in case anything will go wrong again. He is like were not tellin anyone (well that will be a little hard) Have you booked the Doctor, Are you sure your pregnant. But after the scan he chilled a little and relised there is a little me and him growing in side..

Have you been feeling sick, tired or any of that yet??

horseshoe Wed 25-May-05 15:36:14

So tired I thought I would fall off the chair today. Sickness comes and goes but I have a phobia about being sick and so I have somehow managed to curb embarrassing myself on the train.

My taste spuds have gone loopy. Had a packet of Cheese and Onion crisps earlier and my tounge was burning for an hour afterwards.

It's great though as DP is getting up in the nightime to see DD. She says she wants a sister and a brother. Can you imagine? She also thinks that there is a baby growing in her tummy and tells me to rub it and kiss it goodnight. Where on earth at 2 years old she has picked this up from I dont know because I have tried to play the whole thing down for the time being. I think DP is telling her about it when he takes her to bed as I caught them reading a baby book together the other night.

MINNIE1 Wed 25-May-05 15:59:07

Aghhh your DP and DD are soo sweet,

I went of garlic, chicken, bread.. o the list was endless. I am only coming back to eat little by little. The loo in the middle of the night have gone up to twice! Tiredness is creeping up alot. Some days i would be fine other i just want to flop!
Its a small price to pay for what we will have in the end.

You should try a dry biscuit or cracker for the sickness,

Why are you haveing an early scan if you dont mind me asking. I had one at 7 weeks due to mc last year.

horseshoe Wed 25-May-05 16:40:25

I had 3 m/c before DD and this time round I had a little blood loss, nothing major but I also have quite alot of pain down one side. I'm sure it's just a torn ligament but the midwife wants to rule out ectopic pregnancy. She said today though that 5000 HCG is good news so hopefully it's nothing to worry about.

Dry crackers are a good idea. I love farelys rusks so might give them a try.

MINNIE1 Thu 26-May-05 08:17:16

horseshoe,
Best wishes to you this morning.. Will be think of youxx*x*x*x*x

Minnie1

Toothache Thu 26-May-05 08:20:00

Horseshoe..... could mean twins!!!

horseshoe Thu 26-May-05 12:39:30

Thank you,

Well all is well. The midwive said she expected me to be further along considering my HCG levels but I am only 5+5 meaning they could only see the sac so I have another scan in 2 weeks.

Wouldn't it be lovely if I was having twins.

MINNIE1 Thu 26-May-05 12:56:18

horseshoe,
O that is great news, It would be brill if there were twins, I kinda felt the same when i was having my scan..But happy with the one. My HCG was 5298, which was right for 7wks the nurse said it above the mid line and that is great.
So you back in 2 wks i will be a week after you then (wishing both of us well)
O horseshoe were PREGNANT, Lets hope we carrie on to have little bundles of joy.

horseshoe Thu 26-May-05 13:09:36

It was lovely, just seeing a small sac was amazing. I dont know why as I went through all of this with my first but I'm appreciating it all so much more this time.

Mine was over 5000 at 5+2 so I guess thats quite high then. Oh it's all good.

Keep me updated with your progress

MINNIE1 Thu 26-May-05 14:44:51

Will let you know what happens over the next while and you do the same... It will be great to pass the 12wks mark..I am yawning like a hiena at the mo so i am off wandering around to find somewhere in the office to rest!
Talk to you soon hu
Minniex

AngelCakeUmm Thu 26-May-05 14:50:38

Horseshoe congratulations what great news.

Can i just ask did you have to have an internal scan?

horseshoe Thu 26-May-05 16:43:04

Yes I did much to DP's embarrasment bless him. Although even with that they said they could only see a sac and I had to wait until the heart starts beating.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now