Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Hello, I seem to be changing colours in my lady parts. . .

(7 Posts)
YanknCock Sat 08-Aug-09 23:11:11

Am 37+4, and just last night was informed by DH that my bits/inner thighs have completely changed colour. We were trying to do perineal massage (disaster, don't ask!), and ended up getting out a series of mirrors so I could see what he was talking about. I am normally a fairly light-skinned person, and everything has suddenly gone dark brown, but just in that area. I'm not sure when this happened--haven't been able to see down there for months, and DH hasn't had a look for at least a few weeks.

Normal? Will this go away after pregnancy? I remember reading stuff like this happened to ladies with PCOS (which I have), but thought I'd escaped that particular joy.

giggly Sat 08-Aug-09 23:48:33

Oh I am glad this is not just me. I noticed last week at 31 weeks that I had erm, changed shades, but just assumed that this was just another joy of pregnancy, did'nt feel the need to show my mw as apart from looking slightly strange, doesnt present any other problems.

Paolosgirl Sat 08-Aug-09 23:51:19

Mine stayed darker - but perhaps I was just unlucky?

The things you share on MN!

mogend77 Sun 09-Aug-09 10:47:55

Normal. Will probably fade at least.

Scorpette Sun 09-Aug-09 11:38:35

If it helps, one of my friends - who is pale with brown hair and blue eyes - found that her vulva went a really dark purple-brown at @30 wks with both her pgs. But it went back to normal within a few weeks of giving birth.

At last - I can put her 'TMI moment' to good use!

YanknCock Sun 09-Aug-09 11:58:36

Thanks ladies, good to know it's not just me!

So weird though, it looks like I've done loads of fake tan in reverse!

Confuzzeled Sun 09-Aug-09 20:40:58

Ha Ha, just saw this and thought I'd better post.

I'm on my second pregnancy and yes my bits are dark purple, they have been for a few weeks. My dh tells me they did this with first pregnancy too, but it all went back to normal after.

It really is an amazing colour though!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now