Talk

Advanced search

Should I be concerned about the (relatively minor) electric shock I got?

(7 Posts)
Flamesparrow Sat 08-Aug-09 18:19:27

Flameboy decided he was sick of music so yanked the plug out the back of the cd player into the garden.

I went out to get it, saw it had a cobweb on it so went to wipe it off, and it turns out he had also gotten it wet (no idea how), and I got a couple of shocks (I did the classic thing of "Ow it shocked me... let's be really bright and touch it again").

It is only a 3amp plug.

Should I be concerned about shocking me n babygus, or is it far too small to matter? (Arm is still tingly about 10 mins on, but I am angry too anyway - demon children etc)

treedelivery Sat 08-Aug-09 18:40:49

Hello smile

I am not aware of any huge problem here. I might suggest a basic assemssment of a lady and her pregnancy, which is probably the last thing you wish to hear on a Sat evening. Depending on the gestation of the pregnancy, a telephone call to delivery suite/assessment centre might be reasonable step.

Sorry!

I can't advise you however, as I have no knowledge of you and all that stuff. Y'know, legalities.

Hows your arm? What a bugger of a thing to happen.

Flamesparrow Sat 08-Aug-09 18:44:38

I'm 30 weeks.

Going to have a bath in a min - tends to make the baby wriggle and will prob put my mind at rest more.

Yup - last thing I want to hear on a Sat evening

Arm still feels weirdy, but I think I might just be obsessing now blush

meep Sat 08-Aug-09 19:02:34

I slept in a bed for 3 nights with a dodgy electric blanket. First noticed when dh commented that I was vibrating - after a system of elimination we realised that if you were lying on the bed you vibrated and when you turned the electric blanket off at the wall you stopped. It must have been sending dodgy currents through me - eek!

Was pregnant with dd1 at the time - she is now 2 and has just run upstairs to bed wearing a nappy and fairy wings grin.

However I am no medic so hopefully someone can reassure you with medical words of wisdom.

Flamesparrow Sat 08-Aug-09 19:04:46

Meep!

Flamesparrow Sat 08-Aug-09 19:47:28

Had the bath. Arm still feels weird, but baby wriggling perfectly normally so I think I am fine

Thank you!

meep Sun 09-Aug-09 08:46:31

glad all is okay and baby is wriggly!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now