Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Monster boobs - help!

(9 Posts)
RIngleby Sat 08-Aug-09 14:57:50

Hi, I'm 4 months pg with first and am getting very worried about my ever-expanding boobs.

I have already grown 3 sizes (started off as a D, so now...huge) and am fed up with constantly sore, swollen, red (?!),itchy boobs.

My question is...is there a normal amount for them to grow? And are they likely to just keep on growing shock like something out of James and the Giant Peach?

At this rate we will need a bigger house soon.

Any advice/sympathy welcome...my DH just finds it amusing.

Neeko Sat 08-Aug-09 15:09:55

Unfortunately IME they will ontinue to grow but shouldn't always be so tender. Try to remember they are growing for a reson and make sure you're always wearing a well-fitted supportive bra. I spent a fortune on bras when pg with my DD so you have my sympathy.

Sn0wflake Sat 08-Aug-09 16:15:32

I am not sure if it will be the same for you but my boobs grew most in the first 4 months and then I have been wearing the same bra for the rest of the pregnancy...due in a couple of weeks.

Everybody is different!

mogend77 Sat 08-Aug-09 16:52:09

No there is no normal amount. I was pretty freaked out by it last time as mine were frankly disproportionate enough to start with - but it isn't forever! They will settle down one day! And fwiw I doubt they will continue at such a pace throughout the whole pregnancy. You might find it plateaus, though of course you'll go up one size roughly when your milk comes in after the birth - but that will gradually settle down too.

It also isn't usually as bad second time round. Mine have hardly changed this time & I'm over 7 months.

Good bra essential and aloe vera gel is good for the itching ime.

KnockedUpDelf Sat 08-Aug-09 17:07:59

Mine are out of control and I am only 8 weeks. None of my bras fit and my morning sickness is so strong that I haven't felt up to leaving the house to get some new ones.

I am wearing DH's undershirts because they are snug across the chest.

During my last pregnancy they got a little bigger, but this time it is madness.

RIngleby Sat 08-Aug-09 23:12:09

Thanks all for reassuring me that I'm (vaguely) normal.

I will just grin and bear it - and buy some new boulder-holders. And some aloe vera gel.

giggly Sat 08-Aug-09 23:43:51

In my first pregnancy I went from a c to a G cup. My party trick then was that one cup fitted over my head a la fighter plane style. Sadly in this time round I am a size bigger 40 but still a G cup I swear they are about a stone each.

bigboobymama Sun 09-Aug-09 07:01:04

Completely sympathize and understand! I am 19 weeks and have gone up from a C cup to a very snug E. They are very firm and heavy now but no longer as sensitive as in the first trimester. Im expecting lots of stretch marks in this area so I am using Bio Oil twice per day. Am also considering wearing a nursing bra at night to stop thme flopping around... Your normal alright!

anniebigpants Sun 09-Aug-09 19:24:04

Mine seemed to grow loads in the first 3 months, but thankfully dont seem to have continued growth at the same speed, good job as ive gone from DD to H cup shock, am coming up 24 weeks. I find wearing a sleep bra really helps, especially in the first 4 months when they were really tender and painful.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now