Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

9 weeks pregnant with cramping pains

(5 Posts)
mummyofthomas Sat 08-Aug-09 14:40:01

hi there just wondered if anyone had any advice on this. I am 9 weeks pregnant with my second child. First pregnancy all fine apart from slight bleed around 8 weeks. This time woke up this morning with just heavy sort of ache in my lower tummy and lower back which is accompanied now and then by sharp pains. No bleeding but general increased discharge. I am just being paranoid or would calling midwife be a good idea?

GuernseyFrench Sat 08-Aug-09 15:12:57

I had the same and everything was okay, but call your midwife to put your mind at rest.

Neeko Sat 08-Aug-09 15:13:09

Call your midwife and hopefully she'll put your mind at rest in a way that someone over the net can't smile Good luck.

TakeLovingChances Sat 08-Aug-09 21:25:18

I had similar at 9 weeks.

Esp in lower right side. At times it felt like a stitch pain, or a crampy twinge.

I had a talk to a GP relative, who said it was just muscles and womb changing and stretching.

I found that lying on my right side (where the pain was) when I was in bed made the pain even worse. Try lying on your back or left side for a while and see if helps.

mummyofthomas Sun 09-Aug-09 10:13:14

Hi, thanks all for your kind words, I spoke to midwife last night and she said it was probably due to having second pregnancy so soon after first so my body hasn't recovered yet (not sure that it ever will). Also said it was way of telling me to slow down a bit (not sure how that will be achieved with 11 month old). I can also go to EPAC if i'm still worried in the morning. Thanks again

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now