Talk

Advanced search

Polyhydramnios? Did you go over 40 weeks?

(4 Posts)
Confuzzeled Sat 08-Aug-09 11:24:53

I'm 38+1 with polyhydramnios. Been looked at and no obvious reason for it. At 36 weeks I measured 44 weeks, I know I've got bigger as I no longer fit into my maternity clothes.

I'd really like to go into labour soon, my back is in an awful state not to mention my tummy skin.

I just wondered if other ladies who've had this went early?

johannab Sat 08-Aug-09 16:16:54

Hi
Yes I did when I had my son who is now 9 years old. I was induced at 38 weeks because of polyhydrominous and he was a whopping 10lbs. I was induced as my tummy sking was so itchy, and it had started to crack/bleed!

Ended up making no progress after 36hours so had emergency C-section.

Pregnant now and they seem to be very keen on checking for symptoms throughout the pregnancy. It can be a sign of gestational diabetes. If I have the same agin I will opt for C-section at 39 weeks (that option was offered).

goingtohaveagoodnightssleep Sat 08-Aug-09 16:31:20

I had my ds nine days early. Labour started on it's own, was quite short and there was a lot of fluid! DS was also quite big at 9lbs 9oz. He was my 3rd, my first was also 9 days early and I didn't have PH with her.

Confuzzeled Sat 08-Aug-09 17:04:35

Thanks, my dd was 9 days late but didn't have PH. I'm so desperate to get this one out it's unbelievable.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now