Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

22 weeks and feel (and look!) HUGE already! Anyone else??

(20 Posts)
HippoPottoMum Fri 07-Aug-09 13:29:48

Hi fellow pregnant ladies,

I am 22 weeks (just) and whilst I love being pregnant, and feel perfectly well etc, I am starting to wonder a bit about my rather enormous bump! I have put on just over a stone, which doesn't strike me as 'too much', but I feel much bigger than I did last time at this same stage. I am struggling to find clothes I think I look nice in already (this happened at about 35 weeks last time,) and people keep saying how big I am, making me feel weird and uncomfortable, and almost like I want to minimise the bump with careful clothing, as it's deemed 'too soon' to be this big.

I'm sorry if this sounds silly. I reaslise I am very very lucky to be pregnant, and it's not a real problem... I just wondered whether I AM unusual for 22 weeks, or whether any of you lovely ladies are the same at this point too?

Thanks for reading.

PS: Just realised my equally enormous norks are probably half the problem! I think I feel even bigger as when I look down I have to peer over my giant shelf of boobage to see my giant tummy! I'm all big bumps! I feel like that BlackEyesPeas song about lovely lady humps!

HippoPottoMum Fri 07-Aug-09 14:46:23

Bump, bump, my big, massive baby bump!

Pinkjenny Fri 07-Aug-09 14:53:58

HippoPotto - I am also feeling mahoosive at 19 weeks. I feel so ugly and crap, and like you, I wasn't like this until about 34/35 weeks last time.

I am a bit ashamed of myself, really. sad

Not helped by the fact that there is a (first-timer) lady pg with twins at work, who is due 5 days before me, and I am bigger than her!

<mutters about stomach muscles due to 2nd pregnancy>

HippoPottoMum Fri 07-Aug-09 15:05:16

Pinkjenny, it's so rubbish isn't it! I know exactly what you mean about feeling a bit ashamed about it! Me too! I feel like I've got to try and hide it and make it look smaller until it's allowed! That must be tough having someone else pregnant at worjk too - I'm glad none of my close friends are at the mo, as I'd spend the whole time comparing I'm sure!

Ps: stomas muscles? What stomach muscles! Note to self - get fit after this pregnanct before any future ones, or they'll have to air lift me out the house!

Pinkjenny Fri 07-Aug-09 15:07:16

Ha ha, I have two (count em, two!) friends pg, both due in October.

I am troughing like a pig due to greediness heinous morning sickness though!

I plan to emerge, once baby is born, a size 12, and gorgeous.

Disclaimer: this did not happen last time and I have started this pg 2 stone heavier than last time <cries>

Weegle Fri 07-Aug-09 15:08:14

me too - but I'm only 16 weeks! But it is twins! I feel bloody enormous and the next person who says "that's quite a sizeable bump you've got going" is going to feel the wrath of double whammy hormones...

AmazingBouncingFerret Fri 07-Aug-09 15:08:18

I am also hooooge this time round, im only tiny normally and have noticed when people ask how far gone I am they then try to conceal a rather shocked expression when I say 22 weeks.
Knowing my luck im having a 14 pounder!!

Tillyscoutsmum Fri 07-Aug-09 15:10:52

Me - I am just over 21 weeks and am mahoosive

pic of me at 19 weeks sad

etchasketch Fri 07-Aug-09 15:12:53

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

AmazingBouncingFerret Fri 07-Aug-09 15:13:04

You win Tilly! But my God you look great though!!

HippoPottoMum Fri 07-Aug-09 15:13:54

Ha ha Weegle, PinkJenny and ABF (great name?!)

Pink Jenny, I troughed like there was no tomorrow for the first 12 weeks! Oh yes, and the last 10! Weegle - I have nearly punched a couple of people who are so 'surprised' at the size of my bump! (Chiefly my own mother!)I might start lying and saying it's actually twins! Ferret - God I hope we're not all having 14 pounders - although at least if we do, we'll\ all be tiny afterwards!

HippoPottoMum Fri 07-Aug-09 15:16:31

Wow Tillyscoutsmum - great pic - great dress. Perhaps the answer lies in your pic - I need to get some more flattering clothes! Tihght looks good - I think maybe I'm going for too much 'tent'.

Marmaduke - that's true - we should appreciate being this size before we're even bigger!

Pinkjenny Fri 07-Aug-09 15:17:20

You see, it's not so much the bump, it's the fact that I am Faaaaaat. Big fat arms, double chin, fat thighs.

It's not a good look. And Tills, I can't see your pic as I am in work, but I refuse to believe you look anything other than glam and gorge.

Tillyscoutsmum Fri 07-Aug-09 15:17:35

ABF - Its ridiculous isn't it ?! DD was a 10lber and I suspect this one is going to be even bigger.... and I need to go shopping for bigger bras for the third time since being pg. At least DH is pleased wink (not that he's allowed anywhere near them !)

<<waves to PJ>>

Tillyscoutsmum Fri 07-Aug-09 15:19:00

Hippo - I've definitely come to conclusion that tight it better. Anything loose fitting makes me feel like a walking marquee. At least with fitted stuff I actually look pregnant (albeit massively more pg than I am)

Tillyscoutsmum Fri 07-Aug-09 15:19:48

And PJ - I have seen recent pics of you and there is no big fat arms, thighs or double chin. You look blooming gorgeous envy

Pinkjenny Fri 07-Aug-09 15:22:08

Aw thanks Tills, I wish it were true.

Tight is definitely better, loose is not good, looks like I'm carrying the weekly shop under my top.

I put on 5 stone shock blush last time, and dd was only 6lb 14oz. I am on course for the same again.

Good times. hmm

HippoPottoMum Fri 07-Aug-09 15:28:23

Hee hee, Good times! grin

And we're only going to get bigger! TSM - My boobs seem to grow by the day too! And I actually really liked having no boobs pre-pregnancy!

Right - tight it is then - I'm going to show off my bump (and my muffin top!) to the world, and be proud of my vastness!

Weegle Fri 07-Aug-09 16:11:37

ah size of the baby is not really helpful... I was not that huuuuuuge last time, well not till the last few weeks and I produced a 12lb 12oz baby. And anyone who thinks it funny to suggest I might grow 2 twins that size will definitely get punched...

Tillyscoutsmum Sat 08-Aug-09 11:44:19

<<gulp>> at 12 lb 12 oz shock

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now