Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Meeting mums to be

(6 Posts)
Babybee2 Fri 07-Aug-09 11:52:15

Hi, I'm new to this group and new to Bridgend, south wales!! I'm due in February 2010 and would really like to meet other mums and find out about classes / activities available in my area. Haven't met a midwife yet, 12 weeks and not yet had my booking??? any advice info appreciated :-)

AddictedtoCrunchies Fri 07-Aug-09 12:21:45

I would find your local Children's Centre and check out what they offer for new mothers - that's something I wish I'd done.

I also did a pregnancy yoga class and met some lovely ladies.

Our local pool does a 'toddler splash' session and I went to that too.

When you're 'on the circuit' you tend to see the same faces so you just say hi and take it from there.

i'm very close friends with a lady I met at swimming. We spend a lot of time together and out babies are six days apart.

hth.

BlueChampagne Fri 07-Aug-09 12:50:03

I'd second an ante-natal yoga class - you should get to meet people who live very locally.

Most classes should be advertised online - try the Birthlight website.

Chase up your midwife; she should be able to help too.

Congratulations!

designerbaby Fri 07-Aug-09 13:27:44

I'd investigate NCT ante-natal classes. They cost a bit, and the actualy childbirth advice is a perhaps a bit lentil-weavery, but the girls I met on my NCT class are like family to me now, and we all agree we don't know what we'd have done through those early months without all the support we gave each other.

Easily the best few hundred squid I ever spent. And I think the NCT will subsidise those on lower income (if indeed that is your situation – I've no idea – you might be millionaires!) but I'm under-correction on that one.

Worth looking into and it's good to book early if you do decide to go for it - they get booked up.

HTH

db
xx

MyNameIsInigoMontoya Fri 07-Aug-09 15:08:02

For me it was mostly NCT classes and aquanatal (though didn't really stay in touch for long with people from that). But it was mostly in the last few months before the birth that I started meeting other mums-to-be.

SarahHW Mon 02-Nov-09 13:16:36

I am also living in Bridgend. My baby is born and is now 8 months old. I am the first of my friends to have a baby (even though I am 33!) so I know its really important to be able to meet other Mums for a bit of support, help and advice.

There do not seem to be many groups around but I would go to ante-natal classes at the hospital where you may meet other Mums and Dads.

We could always meet up for a chat and a coffee, just contact me

Sarah

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now