Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

dont laugh feeling movement at 15 weeks outside

(9 Posts)
mrsjammi Fri 07-Aug-09 10:35:57

Message withdrawn

mogend77 Fri 07-Aug-09 10:39:13

I don't think it's impossible at all. I am sick of reading/hearing midwives/gps etc. saying things are impossible that real women experience!

I can't imagine what else it could be. Are you quite slim by any chance? Baby might be wedged into a corner as well & really pressing on the outside.

I envy you - with my anterior placenta (both times) it's been quite hard for anyone to feel kicks. But I think you're more likely to be right on this than your midwife!

difficultdecision Fri 07-Aug-09 11:31:20

Hi Mrsjammi, Although I wouldn't say impossible, it's very unlikely, not that you are feeling it but that you are feeling it there. Half way between your lower rib and right hip you might be feeling gas moving through your colon or if you are slim you might be feeling your abdominal pulse but at less than 20 weeks your uterus is the middle and below the level of your tummy button.

rather bizarre image but you get the idea

We are all different but I would stick with unlikely. When you feel movement inside or outside just above where you feel your bladder when you are busting for a wee then I would say likely to be baby even at this stage

FlightHattendant Fri 07-Aug-09 11:38:28

Isn't it possible that it is a referred sensation? I mean the baby is kicking somewhere you can't actually feel it, but you feel it reverberate somehow in a different place? Like referred pain etc.

I definitely felt my second moving at 11 weeks, but only internally. (and in the right place lol) grin

difficultdecision Fri 07-Aug-09 11:49:00

If it was felt inside then yes FlighHattendant I would agree but to feel it outside at that point it would have to be one hell of a kicker given it's size.

But never say never unlikely not impossible and stranger things have happened

FlightHattendant Fri 07-Aug-09 11:50:48

Oh yes. I missed the crucial point of the post there didn't I grin

Perhaps MrsJammi you have a dancing kidney.

difficultdecision Fri 07-Aug-09 11:54:18

grin now that would be cool

mrsjammi Fri 07-Aug-09 13:06:27

Message withdrawn

jaype Sun 09-Aug-09 23:45:41

Well, I'd say it might well be - this is my 3rd and dh felt it move a few days ago at 15+5. I've been feeling fluttering etc for a couple of weeks and put it down to wind, but at my midwife appointment last week I definitely felt it wriggle away from the heartbeat monitor and she said it had moved right when I felt it. Next day I had the same feeling again so got dh to have a feel and he could tell where and when it moved.

My 1st started kicking at 17 weeks, 2nd at 21 weeks, though this one was doing 'jumps' at the 12 week scan - literally bouncing up and down, so I suspect this is the start of being kicked to death...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now