Talk

Advanced search

wierd feeling in tummy...

(7 Posts)
rimmer Thu 06-Aug-09 21:58:19

Have done test and was positive about 2 weeks ago, so only just pregnant with No 3. Been having wierd feelings in my tummy which if I was further along would be baby moving, braxton hicks etc but much smaller. Is this just my imagination? Am I going mad? What the hell is it?????

rimmer Thu 06-Aug-09 22:47:40

anyone....

whomovedmychocolate Thu 06-Aug-09 22:50:06

It's called wind - sorry but the progesterone rises quite often cause a sort of bubbling effect in the large intestine which can feel like movement. Unless you are very unsure of your dates, it's most likely that. I was scared silly with DD with this and went to A&E thinking there was something wrong (first child and had a miscarriage previously so I was a well meaning muppet, but still a muppet) and they explained it was just because you are more prone to this feeling in early pregnancy because of the hormones.

rimmer Thu 06-Aug-09 22:51:40

thank christ for that, thought I was going mad. TBH have had more loose movements etc so would make sense.
thanks whomoved, my mind is now at rest grin

whomovedmychocolate Thu 06-Aug-09 22:54:24

Unfortunate screen name for your problem grin

Glad to be of help though

rimmer Thu 06-Aug-09 22:56:31

ha ha!!!
did seriously think there was something wrong with me!!! or an extremely overactive imagination!
think your screenname is better

whomovedmychocolate Thu 06-Aug-09 23:03:01

LOL - don't worry about it - I was concerned I might be pregnant a few months ago, then I realised I hadn't had sex since DS was born hmm so I couldn't be. But it took me a good 30 seconds to make this rationalisation blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now