Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Is anyone weeing really slow?

(9 Posts)
mummytopebs Thu 06-Aug-09 19:22:56

I am 15 weeks pregnant and am weeing really slow unless i lean right forward when i am on the toilet. Also feel like i need a wee every 20 minutes or so, so obviously im not emptying my bladder. Is anyone else having anything similar, should i be concerned or do you just think the baby is laid funny?

5inthebed Thu 06-Aug-09 19:24:23

It's pretty normal (sorry to say). I found that towards the end of each of my pregnancy, I felt like I was doing the hockie cokie on the toilet just to pee.

maybebaby23 Thu 06-Aug-09 19:56:58

me too!! (how fab is this site, so reassuring!!) I was worried too. When i go to the loo sometimes it won't come blush unless i lean forward like you said..and then it comes really slow. So it's not just you! Im 19 weeks btw.

mafog Thu 06-Aug-09 19:59:58

Yes, this happens to me sometimes. A good tip is to imagine that you need to wee in 4 points of the compass, so lean forward, then back and then on each side. This way you can get a lot more out. grin

mummytopebs Thu 06-Aug-09 20:03:15

Like the compass suggestion i will try that x It is reassuring to know it is not just me, talking of weeing i need another lol

Boogellyboo Thu 06-Aug-09 20:09:49

Me too! Sometimes I feel like I need to hold my bump up slightly to let the wee come out otherwise it just stops completely.

Thingiebob Thu 06-Aug-09 21:49:13

Same here!

I do the leaning forward trick to squeeze it all out!

bubblesincambridge Fri 07-Aug-09 09:42:38

I really have to squeeze too to get it out sometimes. Who knew that so many weird things happen to your body when you're pregnant!

FestivalScrooge Fri 07-Aug-09 10:48:13

I am 15 weeks too and had been having the same problem- turns out I've got a UTI. It's no big deal, the doc has precribed antibiotics which are safe to take in pregnancy, and the relief is huge!

It's completely possible and likely that you've just got the usual pregnancy wee problems as described by ladies below. But if you feel any pain or discomfort, or are finding that you feel great urgency and nothing comes out, perhaps speak to your doc or midwife.

And drink loads of water!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now