Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Babies Movements, Anteria Placenta & Leg Cramps.....

(4 Posts)
Hopeful2 Wed 05-Aug-09 18:28:43

Ladies,

some advice pls - I have an anteria placenta which I don't know if this common or not. I don't feel babies movemnets as much as I assume I would if I did not have an anteria placenta! It worries me sometimes as if I have any problems I am always asked "Have you felt baby move?" I wouldn't say I feel him move all the time & at 27 weeks I would have thought I should feel quite a bit! I think it depends what position he gets himself into.
I recently was told I have anemia & a water infection which I am on AB's for & Iron tabs.

I have also been getting really bad cramp in the lower part of my legs at night - I change positions & after a while it then comes back. I try all the exercises but I still get it. I have heard this could be lack of calcium!

Just wanted some general advice on the above to reassure me I spose smile

mogend77 Wed 05-Aug-09 19:01:01

On my 2nd anterior placenta here - and yes it doesn't half muffle the movements, and yes it can be quite stressful. It is good that you know why at least.

Dehydration a big factor with cramp. Make sure you drink plenty throughout the day.

Hopeful2 Thu 06-Aug-09 10:04:19

Thanks Mogend77, good to know.
I do try & drink loads, especially with the water infection but still the cramp comes. Last night was awful, I must have tossed & turned a thousand times!

Got midwife on the 14th, so I will have a chat with her then also..

newarrival Thu 06-Aug-09 12:53:26

Hi Hopeful2, I'm 22 wks & been getting cramp at night more or less from the beginning of pregnancy.
this might be something you've already tried but I use a cushion between my calves whilst sleeping & it helps for me. Put it this way I'm worse on the nights I've forgot to bring cushion to bed!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now