Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Can't be bothered to name change! Itchy ladygarden... what can I put on it?

(7 Posts)
corblimeymadam Wed 05-Aug-09 08:21:13

Message withdrawn

BonsoirAnna Wed 05-Aug-09 08:23:52

Just go to your local chemist and discuss this with a sympathetic female chemist!

foxinsocks Wed 05-Aug-09 08:25:23

I can't remember what you can use in pregnancy but if you have been using liners to contain the discharge, I'd stop now as those can often irritate your fanjo!

mogend77 Wed 05-Aug-09 09:55:08

Wear cotton knickers (no pant liners), skirts/dresses where possible & cut down on sugar etc. & if you do think it's thrush you need Canesten. But you ought to get a swob taken to be sure because you don't want thrush setting in before delivery. Also you will get your canesten free if you can get it prescribed.

I think it most likely is thrush or similar yeast infection tbh. Has your practice not got a nurse who you can see instead of GP? Alternatively your cmw should be happy to swob you & most cmws can prescribe.

longwayaway Wed 05-Aug-09 18:44:56

Sorry, no suggestions but lmao at "itchy ladygarden"!

Squarah Wed 05-Aug-09 18:46:57

You can use canesten with no problems but if it is thrush you'll need the pessary to clear it properly generally. Usually itch is thrush or a skin irritation- agree all those good tips earlier too.

Good luck!

blinder Wed 05-Aug-09 21:52:03

I had the same problem.

Do NOT use soap / shower gel on your nethers. Get some feminine hygeine wash from any supermarket / chemist. I had a bit of itching and after a couple of days using this it went away. If I use soap to wash my LG the itching comes back!

example 1

my favourite

HTH

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now