Talk

Advanced search

How long to wait to treat UTI`s?

(8 Posts)
Tootersma Tue 04-Aug-09 17:42:57

I am 14 weeks pregnant and pretty sure I have a urine infection. I have a midwife appt next Tuesday and obviously will have wee tested then but is this too long to wait?

corblimeymadam Tue 04-Aug-09 17:47:48

Message withdrawn

HappyBump Tue 04-Aug-09 17:58:46

I am about 14 weeks pregnant too. I think it's taken pretty seriously. I am currently on amoxicillan for a UTI. Although I wasn't aware I had one, I didn't have any noticeable symptoms. I was tested on Monday and got a call with the results on the Sunday (I am not sure why it took so long to get the results given I am treated privately ... but that's another matter).

I am on a 5 day course, 3 tablets of 500mg.

Tootersma Tue 04-Aug-09 18:02:00

OK thanks, dare I ask how everything turned out for you?

Tootersma Tue 04-Aug-09 18:03:09

Sorry, was asking that to belgianbun

Deemented Tue 04-Aug-09 20:42:28

I went to the docs for a UTI at about 13 weeks, and they put me on antibiotics even before they had tested my sample. Amoxycillin 3 x daily.

I also bought some cranberry tablets from the herbalists and took them as i was taking the ab's.

corblimeymadam Tue 04-Aug-09 20:57:39

Message withdrawn

cookingcath Wed 05-Aug-09 10:55:35

Def. go immediately. I left it and ended up in A&E with kidney infection (suspected appendicitis/ ectopic by that time as pain so bad - fortunately it was neither of these).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now