Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Just checking...

(7 Posts)
maybebaby23 Tue 04-Aug-09 12:26:37

Hi guys,

On my notes with my blood results which were all ok, it says my ferratin level is 17. They never said anything about it so i didn't think to ask..is 17 a good level? Thanks

DjangoTheDjinn Tue 04-Aug-09 12:28:56

Absolutely fine. Good in fact.

DjangoTheDjinn Tue 04-Aug-09 12:29:47

Think most people are between 12 and 16 btw, higher is better than lower. Mine's never more than 10 and they grumble at me about it.

maybebaby23 Tue 04-Aug-09 13:13:02

really?! Excellent thanks a lot for replying

OK so im absolutely shattered, a little breathless and just very lethargic all the time now. Seeing as my iron level is good, could low blood pressure be causing this?? Its not very low, but low for me. Thanks

RedDeadFail Tue 04-Aug-09 14:04:35

Yes low blood pressure could be causing this. Ask them to do another blood test and just double check your iron levels as there's a reserve level too or something like that which could be depleted. Also B12 could be a little low.

With low bp you need to take it easy and drink lots. Are you taking a good pregnancy supplement?

maybebaby23 Tue 04-Aug-09 15:41:42

Oh thanks for that..im taking pregnacare and im drinking lots. Not much resting going on though with an energetic 3 year old lol!

Mezley Tue 04-Aug-09 16:27:21

Agree with RedDeadFail, get them to check your blood again. I have been feeling like death for 3 weeks, and my blood was not very low, but low for me, so obviously it made me feel rubbish. Started on iron tablets now so hopefully I will pick up soon. hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now