Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Chickenpox...

(4 Posts)
Bathsheba Tue 04-Aug-09 09:46:15

I'm 16 weeks pregnant with DC3.

I've had chickenpox as a child.

My 2 DDs have both had chickenpox too.

My friends' little girl has a full on case - they are being very understanding if I wish to avoid them like the plague but from my understanding I really don't need to because I've had it..

OR should I avoid them for a week anyway...?? You kow, just in case...

traceybath Tue 04-Aug-09 09:55:40

If you've had it you should have immunity - and the fact you didn't get it again when your dd's had it would indicate that.

However - unless you're desperate to see them no harm in avoiding them whilst she's contagious i guess.

My 2 ds's have just had it and i've just had dc3 which has been rather stressful as ds2 was very contagious when dc3 came home from hospital. But i've done a lot of research about chicken pox and pregnancy and newborns as a result.

sonsmum Tue 04-Aug-09 10:25:15

Bathsheba...I also think you would be ok, however may be worth checking with a dr, as perhaps it could reactivate the virus?

Traceybath - very interested in your comments on your research of chicken pox and pregnancy....what do you know?...i currently have chicken pox and am 9 wks pregnant. While risk to baby is supposedly small (seen it referenced from 0.4 - 2% in 1st trimester) if you are unlucky, the effect on baby is pretty severe, so wondering if you can tell me anything good or bad that you know....

traceybath Tue 04-Aug-09 12:18:18

Sonsmum - i found this website useful.

As you say the risks are small but hopefully you'll get some extra scans/reassurance as your pregnancy progresses.

Good luck!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now