Talk

Advanced search

hot flushes and sweating in late pg - are they normal?

(6 Posts)
olivo Mon 03-Aug-09 21:20:38

i have been suffering from hot flushes and waking up drenched for the opast few nights. even now, sitting here, i am urning up and sweating, but i dont have a temp.

is this normal? it's hideous!

jenhden Mon 03-Aug-09 21:53:33

that happened to me when i was pregnant with dd1 and i really sympathise it really is horrible! all i did was cold showers and had a fan that came in every room with me! my dh was frozen!
i don't remember it being anything of concern to the midwife but its probably worth checking with her just in case.

GentlyDoesIt Mon 03-Aug-09 22:04:03

Yes I'm doing this a lot, now at 37 weeks pg. Temperature's always 36.7. Think it's just the advancing hormonanza.

strig Mon 03-Aug-09 23:33:01

I had hot flushes with ds1 my mw sent me to hospital as she thought I was having panic attacks - the more I denied they were panic attacks the crazier I sounded! The consultant said hot flushes can happen and not to worry - could be linked to blood sugar. Having the exact same thing with this pregnancy.

olivo Tue 04-Aug-09 08:10:19

thanks for your reassurances. Interesting, strig, that it may be linked to blood sugars - i have gestational diabetes and my glucose levels are a bit all over the place at the moment. i see the midwife and consultant on thursday so will mention it. will keep an eye on my temp,anyway, its usually about 37.2.

mogend77 Tue 04-Aug-09 20:03:14

I think it's pretty normal. I certainly get them. All part of the generally being hotter as you get bigger and with your internal living hot water bottle I think.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now