Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Does SPD feel a bit like groin strain?

(10 Posts)
trixymalixy Mon 03-Aug-09 16:15:47

I am 40+1 can hardly walk and feels pretty similar to when I had a groin strain. I can't think of when I might have done it if it is a groin strain though.

Slickbird Mon 03-Aug-09 21:38:09

It can be down in your pubic bone, right up the joint to your hip, either side, both sides, just your hip etc sad It's crap and i had it with all three. It can be sore to sit up after you have been lying down and particularly sore when you try to turn over in bed when you are further on. I found walking made it worse or being on my feet too much, but then I have heard of others who say this helps. Does usually improve really quickly after birth tho, just the odd twinge here and there after a while. How many weeks are you?

Slickbird Mon 03-Aug-09 21:39:31

Sorry, just saw you said you are 40 + 1 (I think I thought that was your age at a glance! smile) Oh well, that's good news as that means you shouldn't have to suffer it for too long! It could also be your baby's head is well engaged!

puffylovett Mon 03-Aug-09 21:40:15

Mine is more achiness in lower back and hips, with shooting pains up through what feels like my urethra / cervix. Like slick says, it's really uncomfy turning over in bed and later at night.

On the plus side, my friend is a physio - she says SPD can make for a faster birth ! Fingers crossed grin

Slickbird Mon 03-Aug-09 21:45:39

I'm saying nothing...hmm

YanknCock Mon 03-Aug-09 21:45:51

My SPD came on quite early (16 weeks) and it was very similar to when I had groin strain! ExH and I had moved a very heavy treadmill downstairs and the next day it felt like someone had kicked me in the crotch, could barely walk and was doubled over for two days. SPD was pretty similar, but later it also got me in the lower back. Osteopath helped loads, but since you haven't got far to go, I'd say stay off your feet, rest loads, and make everyone else lift things for you!

Slickbird Mon 03-Aug-09 21:47:44

Actually that's right. I felt like I'd been kicked in the f*nny by a Clydesdale. (Horse, not bank).

trixymalixy Mon 03-Aug-09 21:48:29

Baby's head is well engaged and has been for over 2 weeks. The midwife couldn't believe that I hadn't gone early given it's DC2.

Here's hoping for a fast birth although not so fast that DH doesn't have the birthing pool up and filled and the midwifes don't get here in time!!!!!!

Slickbird Mon 03-Aug-09 21:58:52

Good luck. The bubba will be here in no time I'm sure and you'll forget all about your sore bits! smile

trixymalixy Tue 04-Aug-09 18:38:45

AAagh!!! Just sneezed and it did feel like getting kicked in the fanjo by a horse!!!! Ow ow ow!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now