Talk

Advanced search

Ligament pains

(9 Posts)
jofeb04 Tue 24-May-05 13:09:02

How far gone are you when your ligaments start being really painful?
BTW, Im 22 weeks (almost), and this is 2nd pregnancy. Im in alot of pain, taking paracetamol, but not really helping. I had thrush which seemd to clear up. Lower stomach also sore.
Midwifes not really interested.

ruthiemum Tue 24-May-05 13:12:02

Sympathy there, this is second pregnany also and my ligaments feel really sore this time round, am 21 weeks, feels like I've been hit with a sledgehammer when i wake up

jofeb04 Tue 24-May-05 13:14:09

Thats exactlly the feeling ive got!!
By night time, i can hardly walk up the stairs!!

ruthiemum Tue 24-May-05 13:18:09

It's bad isn't it - even worse when your running around after a toddler, picking up and that. Also in my first preg I had a really bad stitch all the time whenever I walked anywhere in the pit of my stomach, went to hospital and they couldn;t find anything wrong, and I can feel the same happening this time round. Wish I was one of them women that love pregnancy!

Hausfrau Tue 24-May-05 13:23:15

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

mogwai Tue 24-May-05 13:27:37

Mine came at 21 weeks too. I'm now 36 weeks and diagnosed with mild SPD in my left thigh. Thankfully it's got no worse. Take all the advice previously offered about SPD on this board. You poor thing. Virtual choccies coming your way

jofeb04 Tue 24-May-05 13:30:44

Thx you two.
Its awful, especially with running after an 15month old ds lol.

Hausfrau Tue 24-May-05 13:41:25

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

mogwai Tue 24-May-05 16:58:12

have you considered getting one of those "grabbers" that old people use to pick things up off the floor? I know it's a bit desperate but when needs must...apparently you can get them from "independent living shops". It might help a lot - I know I've got the dropsies and it makes life much worse when it hurts so much to get down to the floor.

Also, an single airbed will help you roll over and get out of bed with less pain.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now